To embrace or Reject

Long Beach, California.

The two Iowa-class battleships Missouri and New Jersey strolled towards the sound of the busy docks.

"Sounds like the whole docks at work huh-?!" New Jersey's eyes widened at her ship being worked.

"Hey! That's mine!" New Jersey yelled running towards her ship as she jumped and grabbed one of her 40mm bofors being removed by a crane.

"I don't want that trash can looking gun!" Jersey continued yelling as she dangled from the gun floating higher in the air.

"Hey idiot, let go." Missouri stood on New Jersey's deck looking up at her sister swinging under the gun mount.

"I reject modernization, I shall embrace tradition!" New Jersey screamed now as the crane swung the gun over the loading dock.

"Knock it off!" A loud voice boomed as a massive metal hand flicked New Jersey into the water.

"I don't have time for you assing around Jersey." The ship-yard Long Beach stood towering over Missouri and New Jersey with her massive metal arms folded.

The blue-haired girl swam up quickly and exploded to the surface.

"Damn you L.B.!" Wiping her blue eyes, she saw another crane removing one of her 5" inch guns.

"Ahhhhhh! Stop!" New Jersey darted back to her ship as she jumped up to grab the 5" gun being lifted away.

This time the Iowa girl was met with a furious backhand in mid-air, sending her skipping wildly like a flat stone across water.

"Ohhhhh Jersey..." Missouri shook her head, dropping down to the water and sailed slowly towards her sister.

New Jersey lay on her back bloodied and bruised, her blue eyes rolling around in her head.

"Hey idiot, you ok?" Missouri asked, snapping her fingers in Jersey's face as her damaged sister bolted upright.

"But mommy I don't want to go to school today." New Jersey said in childish daze and fell back to the water.

"Come on idiot." Missouri gripped New Jersey's collar and dragged her to shore.

"She never learns, does she?" Long Beach huffed loudly as she turned her attention back to New Jersey's modernization, with less hassle now.

Missouri remained silently, walking onto the beach and lifted her sister onto her back.

"Hey, that flapjack just stole my coat." New Jersey mumbled mindlessly as Missouri ignored her and headed for the hospital.

"And she probably never will..."