West Virginia's Reckoning

Bremerton, Washington.

Puget Sound.

West Virginia slowly hobbled into the main office, the air heavy with the scent of rain as it was almost nightfall now.

She had been at sea for days at half power, still kind of damaged from being raised from battleship row.

After a quick patch job she was sent stateside for major repairs and upgrades.

"Some welcoming party...."

The dark-haired girl looked around the open area as it seemed like any other military installation.

Suddenly a large, sharply dressed black woman stepped into the lobby as she looked over at West Virginia.

Despite her large and intimidating stature, the woman smiled warmly, even with a set of serrated teeth as she quickly walked towards the damaged ship-girl.

"I'm glad you made it, here now, let me get a good look at you." The black woman reached out to West Virginia with her large mechanical hands as the dark-haired girl suddenly slapped them away.

"Don't touch me fucking nigger!" West Virginia's red eyes glared violently at the black woman as she slowly lowered her hands.

"I see..., so they were right.... Down the hall, the second door on the left." The massive woman sighed disappointingly, pointing down the hall as she walked off without another word.

West Virginia began to walk away without a second thought as she sneered to herself.

"Who does that monkey think she is trying to put her meat hooks on me!"

West soon stood outside of said door, completely unsure what lay on the other side.

The mountain girl opened the door quietly as the first thing she noticed was the wonderful smell of hot food in the air. Her stomach growled loudly, it had been a long trip on ration, she was ready for a hot meal.

West Virginia stepped into a smaller hallway and closed the door behind her silently as she heard familiar voices in the air.

A smile grew across her face, it was her battleship sisters from the Row. West Virginia had missed them dearly at Pearl Harbor as her heart swelled.

Sadly, she would never say it or show it though as everyone took the mountain girl angry all the time.

It had only been about 6 months, but it felt like ages since they were all badly damaged and laid up in Pearl Harbor hospital together.

"Ohhhhh my stern is killing me, why does Mama' Sound gotta be so rough sometimes." U.S.S. California rubbed her butt lightly, helping set the table with the others.

"She said you had so many barnacles, your stern looked like a coral reef!" U.S.S. Nevada joked teasingly as the others chuckled. West Virginia edged her way down the hall, continuing to listen.

"Ha, Ha." California said dryly, laying silverware on the table.

"It's getting late, I hope she made... it... Ok...." Maryland moaned as she looked up to see her sister West Virginia standing in the doorway, smiling.

"WEST!" The group yelled as they quickly surrounded the damaged battleship girl.

"I've prayed every night for you and Okie to return to us, it's good to see you again sister." U.S.S. Tennessee sobbed as Virginia nodded with a slight blush.

"We thought you'd never make it you old sea-bitch!" California slapped the damaged girl roughly on the back, a spike of pain rifling through West's body.