Minnie's break

Artist: https://www.facebook.com/1984426311798636/posts/2587546771486584/

"Do you think this is a good idea?" North Carolina looked around cautiously at the four person room as she saw pictures, property, and clothes of all the different Astoria-class girls.

Astoria, Quincy, Vincennes, and Minneapolis all shared the room as it was small, but well-kept. 

"I don't know what she'll do E..." South Dakota glanced down at a picture of all the Astoria sisters smiling in it before the war. "She's very protective of her sisters...."

"You know what to do if she does." Enterprise stood in the middle of the room as there was only one reason she would be standing in this room right now.

Down the hall, Minneapolis whistled to herself as she reached into her right pocket and pulled out her keys.

"They should be back now." 

Minnie smiled to herself, knowing her sisters were all on patrol together last night.

"Vinny still owes me 5 bucks." The tan-skinned girl reached for her doorknob, keys in hand as she realized the door was unlocked.

"Damnit!" Minneapolis growled under her breath as she was always telling the others to keep the door locked.

"Hey! What have I told you about keeping this door locked!" The cruiser marched into the room and slammed the door to find not her sisters, but someone else.

"Enterprise? North? South? What are you doing here?" Surprise filled the tanned girl's face as she looked around at her superiors.

"We're here about your sisters." South Dakota spoke up softly, looking into the white-haired girl's confused red eyes.

"What about them?" Minneapolis continued to look around at the others as their facial expressions remained stoic.

"I received a report from last night..., it was from Savo Island, I heard your sisters were there, I'm sorry to tell you this Minneapolis, but they've been sunk." Enterprise reported without emotion or feeling as the cruiser's engine room seized up.

"W-Which o-one?" Minnie felt tears building in her eyes as she couldn't believe what she was actually hearing herself say.

"All of them…" Enterprise replied sternly, forcing North and South to flank the main carrier knowingly.

"W-What!?" Minneapolis was in a complete state of shock, shaking her head wildly.

"This is a joke, it's a bad fucking joke right?" Minnie forced a smile as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"They put you up to this, yeah?" Begged the cruiser as her hands began to shake.

"Minnie, please listen." South Dakota reached out to the cruiser as Minnie slapped the tanned battleship's hand away violently.

"Tell me my sisters are OK South! You're all just yanking my anchor?!" Minnie backed away from the others as she waited for her sisters to jump out and surprise her. 

"E..." South Dakota called out uncommonly.

"Jesus E, Tell her..." North Carolina looked away as the american carrier sighed deeply.

"She deserves the truth..." 

Enterprise though darkly as she shook her head.

"Minneapolis…, you're sisters were sitting ducks, a line of Jap ships snuck through the patrol and destroyed all of them under spotlights and star-flares, and with Astoria gone, you will now be reclassified under New Orleans do you understand?" Enterprise explained sternly as she was suddenly cut off. 

"Who was on patrol! Why didn't they spot them!" Minneapolis demanded viciously as her boilers raging out of control.

"TELL ME!" The young Cruiser suddenly jumped at Enterprise as she was struck down by her personal bodyguard, North Carolina. 

"Mind your place, damn tanned-skin?!" North Carolina raised her fist again as South Dakota grabbed it, glaring into her blue eyes.

"Enterprise you better do something now, before I wreck North." South Dakota demanded as she was at full tilt now.

"Stand down North, South Dakota's has asked to take Minnie under her wing, so let them be." Enterprise announced as she simply turned and walked to the door. 

"Will there be a problem with that?" The U.S. carrier asked orderly, looking over her shoulder as all the girls just shook their heads softly.

"Good…"