I-1's End

The two New Zealand minesweepers sailed through the disputed bay of Guadalcanal as a girl with green hair and black tips groaned loudly, holding her stomach.

"I'm so hungry sis." The Bird-class girl cruised along with slumped shoulders and sailed up next to her.

"Maybe if ya' got up on time, ya' could eat breakfast like everyone else Kiwi." The oldest of the bird sisters scolded lightly, reaching into her pocket as she pulled out a small piece of folded parchment paper.

"Here, this is all I could get ya' cuzzie." The blonde-haired girl smiled softly as she handed it to her younger sister.

"Ahhhh thanks Moa!" Kiwi grinned happily, unfolding the paper.

It was nothing more than two pieces of toast with Vegemite and the chocolate spread was treated like gold.

"Where did ya this?!" Asked the green-haired girl as she bit into the cold, but tasty toast.

"That's a secret." Moa lifted her index finger to her lips, smiling around it.

Not too far away a pair of hazel eyes popped out of the water as they looked around cautiously.

"Looks like the coast is clear."

The eyes were followed by a mass of flowing black hair as the massive, lJN cruiser submarine I-1 came to the surface and sighed deeply.

"I feel like a damn cargo ship."

She was loaded down with supplies for the IJA on the island as she slowly moved to her drop off point.

"I'll just going to resupply them and get out of here." I-1 continued to sail along when she came to a blind corner.

"So's I tell's Tui, I'm not..." The green-haired girl continued complaining, her sister tapped her wildly.

Suddenly the two minesweepers were staring up at a large IJN sub as Kiwi dropped her toast into the water.

"Ehhhh?!" The submarine woman was just as shocked as them as Moa yelled loudly.

"Let's get her cuzzie!" Both minesweepers opened fire with their 4" guns as the little rounds simply bounced off I-1's left breast and stomach.

"Woah?!" To the black-haired Sub surprise, she didn't take any damage as she turned and took off running.

"That was close." I-1 sighed gratefully, touching her body as the rounds hadn't penetrated her hull.

"Rattle ya' dags bird-brain! She's getting away!" Moa barked at her sister, the two sweepers both gave chase, still firing their 4" guns at the retreating sub.

The New-Zealand shells continued to ricochet off I-1's large form as the IJN sub looked for a way to escape.

"Oooh which way? OUCH!" Even though the rounds didn't penetrate, it was still painful to be shot.

"This isn't working Moa!" Kiwi fired again, her round bouncing harmlessly off the sub's thick stern again.

Moa knew if the submarine got to deeper water it would probably sail them right into an ambush.

"Kiwi! Stop firing, I got an idea!" Moa made a series of hand signs to her sister as they both picked up speed and began to sail on the enemy's flanks.

"They stopped firing?"

I-1 look strangely between both the New Zealand girls on her left and right as she realized they were up to something.

"What are they doing?"

The cruiser sub wondered to herself when both New Zealand girls suddenly sailed towards her.

"Ramming speed!" Moa and Kiwi turned sharply and slammed into I-1 from both sides, knocking the wind out of her.

"Damn you!" The IJN girl managed to push them away, fighting for breath as the minesweepers were relentless and steered into her again.

"Ugghhh!" The black-haired sub felt her ribs crack as she elbowed Kiwi in the face in retaliation.

The pair of New Zealanders peeled off again as Moa hollered over, eyeing a beach.

"Kiwi! Let's give her a good "New Zealand" send off ya'?" The green-haired girl just grinned as both minesweepers slammed into the IJN girl once again.

I-1 felt her ribs break this time, Kiwi stuck her foot out and tripped the sub up while Moa pushed her roughly from behind. The IJN submarine lost her balance and stumbled forward as her foot got caught in a reef and twisted roughly.

"Ahhh!" I-1 cried out weakly as she slammed into the beach face first.

"Yeah! Proper done cuzzie!" Moa laughed loudly. grabbing her sister and jumped up and down.

"I can't believe that worked?" Kiwi was completely dumbfounded as the simple idea of ramming and beaching the massive Sub-girl had really worked.

I-1 rolled over screaming and crying as she cradled her broken ribs, her foot throbbing painfully.

"Ohhhh I-2! It hurts soooo bad!" I-1 rolled from side to side on the beach as she was completely helpless now.

"H-Help me sis, I-I-I don't want t-to be a-alone..." Kiwi looked sadly at the sub-girl pleading for her sister and feeling a sharp pain in her heart.

"Come on Kiwi, before she alerts every Nip patrol around 'ere!" Moa grabbed her sister's hand and dragged her off.

Kiwi began to sail away as she looked over her shoulder at the crying IJN girl. The green-haired girl felt terrible now as it was one of the most scary and unspoken things amongst all ship-girls, no matter what side of the war they were on.

"What if that was my sister...?"