Chapter XVI

"Camila, I like you."

"Chris!" Normani exclaimed.

"Camila, I know what you're thinking. I saw it, you want to move away because you think you caused trouble, and that's not true." Chris stated.

"It may sound sudden, but it's true. That's how I feel about you." Chris sighed.

"Hell no Chris." Dinah said, shaking her head. Camila on the other hand was speechless.

"What? I'm a Jauregui as well and can't I li-" Chris said before he started bursting out of laugher when he looked at the women around him.

"I'm just kidding." Chris laughed.

"You were all too serious, I just had to." Chris added, before looking at Camila and taking her hand.

"Camila, she's alive."

Have you ever had that feeling when you feel like life has no point anymore? But then there's this beam of light that came out of nowhere in the pit of darkness, and you're willing to do anything to find it's source? That was Lauren to her. With constant father and daughter arguments, imprinting issues, and even force dating, Lauren was that beam of light that gave her hope.

"Mila?" Normani asked, cutting the brunette out of trance.

"Sorry." She responded, taking a deep breath before entering the familiar household.

"Camila.." Michael said, as he engulfed the brunette in a big hug, a comforting one to be exact.

"Does it still hurt?" Michael asked, looking at Camila now healing wounds. It did hurt, but not that much which is why she shook her head no.

"Ay mija, I know what runs in your mind. It's not what you think it is." Michael smiled. Camila could only bite her lip in response while as she felt the tears threaten to fall again.

"I must be a saint in my past life, because I've been so damn lucky in this. I imprinted on a Vampire, my father nearly killed her, and here is her family-treating me like this, as if nothing happened. In all honestly, all I can think about is to run away. I've been causing trouble ever since I walked into Lauren's life." Camila thought to herself.

"Don't you ever do that." Mike warned, Chris shook his head as well.

"This man still had the audacity to trick me despite his sister's condition." Camila thought. Camila was about to ask what he meant, until she remembered that Lauren inherited her ability from him.

"Camila." Clara smiled, walking down the stairs. She looked like she'd been crying for hours, but the smile on her face shows that she's indeed happy.

"I'm so glad you're fine." She whispered while hugging the brunette. Clara was a Doctor, she worked during morning shifts.

"I'm so sorry.." Clara quickly interrupted the brunette with a shush, wiping the tears that even Camila didn't realize was falling.

"Don't be, you didn't do anything."

"She was right, I didn't do anything but scream." The brunette thought, sighing.

"You should go and see her mija. Lauren's fine, she's alive." Clara smiled, urging her to go up. Camila found myself standing in front of a familiar door, her knees trembling in nervousness. Scared of the sight she's about to witness, knowing that the image of Lauren's lifeless and tortured body still haunts her.

"You got this Camila." Was all she can tell myself, the brunette twisted the doorknob, when her eyes flickered to the bed, she felt her heart sank.