Chapter XXV

"So you've found my hiding spot." Lauren's raspy voice startled her.

Camila turned around, eyes meeting Lauren's green ones. Lauren was in her same attire, holding a plastic bag on one hand, and a paper bag on the other.

The raven looked at her with those eyes that stared right through her soul. For the first time in years, Camila couldn't explain the expression Lauren had in her eyes.

"Okay Lauren, let's do this." Lauren whispered to herself before she grabbed all the materials needed inside her car and closed her eyes.

"Works like a charm." Lauren smiled happily before she looked around the rooftop. With her abilities, life was easier for her from time to time.

"But what design though?" Lauren frowned, placing all the stuffs on the floor, except for one thing.

"She's had a rough exam week, and you will make her happy." Lauren smiled, looking at the rose before she ran down the stairs.

---

"Si Mami, and next?" Lauren asked nervously, looking a the cuisine she was making.

"Am I doing it right? Is it supposed to look like this?" Lauren asked, showing Sinuhe the dish.

"It looks paler." Sinuhe chuckled.

"What do I do?" Lauren frowned, while Sinuhe smile before they ran through the ingredients and processes again.

---

"5 pm, she'd be home any time soon." Lauren smiled, looking at her watch as she taped the notes into place.

"I hope I make all your tiredness go away." Lauren whispered, thinking of Camila before she ran upstairs.

Lauren bit her lip as tried to remember if she had done everything right and according to plan. Satisfied, Lauren happily walked up the stairs and towards the rooftop.

"I should light this up." Lauren mumbled, snapping her finger and getting her pointer finger on fire, before she pointed at the candle, blowing the flame off her pointer finger.

---

"Camila." Lauren whispered, waking up from her slumber on the rooftop. She didn't even realized she fell asleep, not until she heard the door, followed by Camila's scent. The raven looked at her watch, realizing it was already 7 pm.

The candle had burnt out, and the food had gotten cold. She waited for 10 more minutes, seeing if Camila would find the note. But when she went down, Camila was asleep on the couch of their living room.

"Poor baby." Lauren whispered, shaking her head before she picked the brunette up.

---

"Okay, attempt number two." Lauren smiled, writing the note and doing the same routine, except for designing the rooftop and the other notes.

"Would a camp out be better than just a random dinner date?" Lauren raised her brow. The raven looked at her watch, before she decided to run to the nearest appliance store.

"Excuse me Miss, will this fit two people?" Lauren asked, looking at the tent she was holding.

"Oh! This one is for a solo camper Ma'am." The woman chuckled.

"Could you, by chance assist me?" Lauren smiled softly.

"Certainly, what kind would you prefer?" The woman asked.