Chapter XXVI

Lauren groaned, trying to concentrate on the paper she was reading. She'd been stuck on the same spot for a few hours now. Camila was done with her week of exams and was now just relaxing. As for Lauren, it was just starting. What made her uneasy was the fact that it was an on the spot debate.

"I know I should be sympathizing with you, but I'm sorry baby. You look really adorable." Camila chuckled, pressing a kiss on the top of Lauren's head. While Lauren leaned into her body, sighing.

"Why did I even take Political Science?" Lauren groaned, moving away from the table and facing Camila.

"Midlife crisis?" Camila chuckled, sitting on Lauren's lap.

"Now I don't want to study anymore." Lauren huffed, hugging her girlfriend's waist.

"Why do I have to study when I'm capable of living for thousands of years." Lauren complained.

"Because you are supposed to set a good example for our kids." Camila said nonchalantly, eyes scanning the books.

"I see." Lauren said with a smug smile, while the younger one hummed.

"Our kids." Lauren repeated, while Camila pretended she never said anything.

"Oh! I remember, I should be meeting Dinah tonight." Camila smiled innocently, proceeding to stand up from the raven's lap.

"You should study now." Camila said, trying to get out of Lauren's grip.

"No, let's talk about our kids." Lauren teased.

"Lo." Camila whined.

"Now, now. Don't you dare whine at me when you started it."

Camila huffed, and Lauren just giggled.

"I was stating facts though."

"Mhm, yes you were..." Lauren smiled.

"So, how many do you want?" She added with a teasing grin.

"Depends on how many times you can shoot inside?" Camila responded, leaving the raven flustered with mouth agape.

"Wolf's got your tongue?" Camila grinned, successfully getting out of the Vampire's grip.

"W..who?"

"Hmm?"

"W..who are you, what did you do to my sweet Camila?" Lauren asked, clearly still in shock.

"Your wife that's going out on a friendly date with Dinah." Camila remarks, casually stripping off her home clothes and picking new outfits.

"Wife." Lauren repeated.

"Our kids." She added with a smile. While Camila only breathed a small smile, back still turned from the raven.

"Hang on, you're really going out?" Lauren asked, finally taking knowledge that the brunette was changing clothes-despite eyeing her.

"It's hunting season Lo, you already know." Camila sheepishly grinned, while the raven frowned.

"No rabbits, please."

Camila giggled, shaking her head as she walked towards Lauren and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Relax, it's just dinner at a steakhouse she found. I'll be with Dinah, Ally, Troy, and Jared."

"Jared?" Lauren raised a brow.

"Dinah's luvey duvey." Camila giggled, feeling proud as a match maker.

"Not familiar." Lauren frowned.

"Jared Thompson? Lo, she literally introduced him."

"Oh! Thompson! " Lauren exclaimed, the realization hitting her.