Alex

I've been inside this office for hours now looking through paperwork. William has once again accused me of doing things that I've never done. So I'm gathering everything up and throwing it in his face.

Literally.

I was already pissed off this morning.

Nothing new.

I woke up to find a text on my phone from her.

I deleted it.

After I got ready, I drove myself to work. The driver that was suppose to pick me up, all of the sudden became sick and couldn't make it.

I fired him.

Instead of dealing with anymore incompetent people, I decided to drive myself to hell.

And here I am.

As soon as I stepped out of the elevator, my father yelled for me.

"Here we go." I thought to myself.

After I walked into his office he proceeded to yell at me.

Apparently, I didn't sign, seal, and deliver paperwork correctly. Now we're out of two contracts.

I called bullshit.

I never forget.

Which led me here looking through all of my paperwork. I always copy anything and everything that goes through me and save it.

To save me.

I've finally found the last contract and I gather up everything and storm towards my fathers office. I don't pay any mind to the few people on this floor currently staring at me, wide eyed and looking alarmed.

Good.

I throw open his office door and he looks up at me. "Ale-" but I cut him off by throwing all of the paperwork on his desk.

"There is every fucking piece of paper to every fucking contract you sent through my office. Every one of them signed. So don't you dare blame me for losing investors and contracts."

"You better sto-" he tried to say something. But he has said enough.

"No. I'm sick of it. You don't want me here then fire me. If anyone is to blame for losing investors it's you." Anger is radiating out of every pore on my body.

I'm so tired of being run over by him and feeling less than.

Fuck this shit.

Fuck him.

"You need to calm down, Alex. I will fire you if I need to. You speak to me like that again and I will."

"Threatening me again, father?"

"It's a promise, Alex. I won't allow my employees to speak to me in this kind of way."

Employee.

That's all I'll ever be to him.

"I'll go through this paperwork tonight. You go home." He waves me off with a flick of his wrist.

I storm back to my office and get my shit so I can leave and just go home. I'll call my mother later and talk to her, I don't feel like finding her in this maze of a hell hole right now.

I find myself fighting my way through a crowd on the bottom floor in front of the elevator "move the hell out of the way" I tell a girl trying to brush up against me as she walks into the elevator.

Always desperate.

"Mr. Reed" I hear the receptionist at the front desk call. I immediately look around to see if William followed me but I don't see him. "Mr. Reed" I look towards the girl and see her staring at me.