Alex

It's the weekend and I am not going anywhere. If I can't dress how I want and do what I want, then I'll just stay in my apartment until Monday.

The guys are coming over later. They're bringing beer and pizza. They wanted to bring girls, well Jacob did but I told him no.

I want it to be a bullshit free weekend.

I've been in my gym blowing off steam for the past hour and a half. My father hasn't spoken a word to me since I threw those contracts on his desk. My mother sent me a text saying family dinner is canceled this week.

There's two things wrong with that. She never and I mean never texts me and she hardly ever cancels dinner. Someone has to be sick or dying in order for that to happen.

Guess I really did fuck up.

I hit the punching bag harder.

There's two things in life I'm good at I guess. Numbers and being a fuck up.

Punch.

Punch. Punch.

Punch.

Fucking Kate.

Punch.

I can't believe she's been brought up by people that are closest to me and that know better. I can't believe she's trying to get ahold of me. I'm great at ignoring people and I'll continue to ignore her.

As I'm knocking the hell out of the punching bag, I see movement at the door. I stop abruptly and see Jacob leaning against the doorframe.

"Let's get drunk, shit face." He holds up a beer. "But first, shower. I smell you from here." He walks off and I head to my bathroom.

I'm not surprised they came on in. They act like this is their home. Might as well be. They both have keys.

After showering and getting dressed I see the guys sitting at the bar. "Hey" I greet them.

"Hey."

"Sup bro, you smell better"

"Thanks" I roll my eyes at Jacob.

"Look dude, I'm sorry about the other day. I shouldn't have brought anything up. I'm sorry, man." Jacob apologizes.

"It's alright. Just don't fucking do it again" we bump knuckles and he nods at me.

"Want to watch the game?" Cade asks us.

"Which one?" Jacob asks looking at Cade.

"I don't know." He shrugs.

I almost smile at that. They're both idiots.

Jacob rolls his eyes and grabs the pizza "let's go find a game to watch and get drunk. Can't believe you wouldn't let me bring girls." I shrug at him. After a few minutes of silence Jacob gasps "Oh, I know." He snaps his fingers. "We should go to Bri's. We haven't seen her in a while. I wonder how she is..." Jacob trails off.

Gabriella.

I've had so much shit going on, I've almost forgotten about her.

Almost.

It's been weeks since we've ran into her. I've actually seen her twice, from my office window, walking to wherever she's going. She always slows down in front of the building and looks up at it.