Bri

I watch Alexander from where I'm sitting, he hasn't taken his hazel eyes off of me. He has his arm laid on the back of the couch and he's tapping his fingers against the fabric.

He looks nice tonight, in his dark blue jeans and maroon button down, he has it unbuttoned and the black t-shirt underneath looks tight against his muscled stomach.

I glance back up to meet his eyes and I can't help the blush that creeps up on my cheeks. He caught me checking him out, but the small smile on his face and glimmer in his eyes, tell me he doesn't mind my gawking.

"You look comfortable." He teases, I'm assuming about my choice of nightwear.

"I am very comfortable." I say, pulling at my shirt with small holes in it.

"I meant with me." He says. "I didn't think you'd want to spend any time with me alone."

"I like you, Alexander. You're one of my best friends." I tell him. I wouldn't mind spending one on one time with any of the guys.

"You know how I feel about that." His gaze dips to my mouth. "I don't want to kiss my friends, even if they are the best."

I can't reply to that. My heart is racing at an unhealthy pace. I've never had a boy, well no, I mean a man, admit that he wanted to kiss me. Alexander is definitely all man.

"First of all." He says, catching my attention and hopefully changing the subject. "I want to apologize to you, Gabriella. You came into my life at a time when everything was so complicated. My job, my relationship with Kate, and problems with my family. It was all a whirlwind and you didn't need to be caught up in it. I'm so sorry I hurt you." He apologizes sincerely.

"I forgive you, Alexander. I'm not sure exactly what has happened in your life, but I do know that pain changes people. Sometimes, in life we forget to love others and ourselves through the struggles we face." I know all too well how pain can change someone. "I'll never hold what you've done to me against you because I do forgive you. But, if you're going to be in my life, I will hold you accountable."

"My actions, my consequences." He looks down at the couch and then back up to me. He nods his head, "I need accountability in my life."

"We all do." I agree.

If we're not held accountable for our actions there's no room for growth. Whether it be good choices or bad, we're responsible for them.

"Thank you for forgiving me, Gabriella and giving me chances I know I don't deserve. It means more to me than you know." I nod my head at him, letting him know I heard him. My words are stuck behind the lump in my throat, my eyes water and I silently beg them not to fall.

I watch Alexander as he stands and sits a little closer to me. Taking on the same posture he was in before. "It's okay, it's okay to cry. I'm just sorry that it's me that has caused you tears." I smile at him and blink my tears back.

"I'm okay." I assure him.

After staring at each other for a good minute or two, Alexander clears his throat. "Do you still want me to tell you about what happened between Kate and I?" He asks.

"Yes." I change positions on the couch, sitting criss cross applesauce. I lay one arm on the back of the couch and now that Alexander is closer, our fingers almost touch.

After he sees that I'm comfortable, he starts his story. "Kate and I met at college. She just understood me and we clicked. At first, it was just a platonic relationship. But, then we got flirty and one night at a party before everyone got drunk, we went upstairs and she kissed me. It felt right, she felt right. So I asked her to be my girlfriend."