Bri

I woke up to the bright sun shining through my window. I yawn, stretch my body, and get myself out of bed. I actually feel good today. No body aches, fevers, or coughing. I've been fever free for two days straight now.

It's nice.

I know the saying, the real popular one 'never say never' but, I will never walk in the rain again. I've been sick for almost three weeks now and have missed so much work. Although, Richard argues about my pay. He told me that it was his fault and that I'll still be getting paid.

We argued. He won.

As usual.

He came by every couple of days to check on me and then at the end of the week he would bring my paycheck.

It's early this morning, I'm going to go ahead and get ready so I can walk to work. I have a stop to make first before heading to the diner.

It's been almost two weeks since those three guys left that basket in front of my door. I've had no way to thank them, so I'm going to stop by Roil enterprises and hope I see them. If they don't come rushing outside, maybe I'll go in.

After my shower, I put on an old pair of skinny jeans. They're a bit faded but they look decent. I pull on an oversized navy sweater since it's a bit chilly and my old brown flats. I didn't wash my hair, so I just let my blonde curls hang loose down my back.

I want to look halfway decent just in case I have to go into the building. I'll change into my uniform when I get to the diner. I've packed my bag with everything I need plus an umbrella and rain jacket.

I lock up my door and head down the street towards Roil enterprises. I've never really had a friend, let alone three. When I seen that basket and read the card, which said:

Get well soon. See you later, Bri.
J, Cade, and Alex(AKA: asshole, AKA: Alexander)

I cried and laughed.

I felt cared for and thought about.

A feeling that I've rarely ever known.

I've yet to use anything because well I just don't know if I should. They may want it back or need something out of it. I'm just not sure. I've only been given gifts three times in my life and that was from Richard and Lucy.

It was usually a birthday cake or card. Nothing extravagant but still very appreciated. I love everything they do for me.

I don't expect anything from anyone.

I finally reach the building and stand outside for a bit. I don't want to go in if I don't have to. I know I'll feel very out of place in there.

I watch as people run in and out of the building. But none of them were the three guys I was looking for. I waited a few more minutes before deciding I'll just go in. I'm about to open the door but it's pushed open quickly. A dark haired woman bumps into me, scowling and talking to herself. Something about being ignored.

It seemed really private so I decided not to eavesdrop.

I walk inside and see the receptionist's desk "may I help you?" The woman behind the desk asked as soon as she seen me.

I nod at her and ask "may I see Alexander Reed, Jacob Ellis, and Cade Brown, please?"

"What for? Do you have a meeting with any of them?" She asks as a frown takes over her face.

"No, ma'am." I shake my head at her. "But, I need to speak with them. If that's okay."

She rolls her eyes like I'm an inconvenience, which I probably am. "Let me call, Mr. Reed. Go sit." She waves her hand towards a row of chairs.