Alex

Nothing.

Nothing is what's on the other side of this door.

Basically it's nothing.

We walk inside and stand in the living room. There's an old couch and broken down coffee table. You can definitely tell they have both seen better days. This is the smallest apartment I've ever stepped into.

You can see every room from where I stand.

Literally.

We're just standing still, taking it all in. In the midst of the silence, my mind goes to my apartment. Floor to ceiling windows, practically brand new furniture, and so many rooms, I've yet to fill them all.

Do I take it all for granted?

Standing here in this small space there's only one answer that floods my mind.

Yes.

"B" I hear Jacob say and you can hear the sympathy in his voice.

Gabriella holds up her hand to halt his words, "This may not seem like much to you guys, you may see worn out, broken, or just plain trash. But what I see is mine." Her eyes well but as always the tears never fall. Not in front of us anyway. "I don't owe anyone anything, no one can take this away from me, no one can hu-" she cuts herself off and shakes her head.

"Bri, I don't know what's going on or what you've been through. But you're one of the strongest people I know. We're always here for you, we're not here to look down on you, we just want to make sure you're okay." While Cade talks to her, I decide to slip out unnoticed. I see Jacob went towards the kitchen opening cabinets and the fridge.

Fuckers probably hungry even though he said he feels sick.

I walk through the door and flip the switch.

Her bedroom.

I turn the light off and walk into the living room.

My mind is blown from what I just seen.

Or well what I didn't see.

"We can't sleep here tonight." I snap angrily at the guys. Turning their heads my way, they furrow their brows in confusion. Probably wondering why I've had a drastic change in my attitude.

I'm pissed.

As usual.

"Not only does Gabriella not have anywhere for us to sleep" I continue, my voice never wavering from angry. "She doesn't even have a place to sleep."

"Did you go to my bedroom?" She questions softly.

"You mean that empty room back there, yeah I did." I shrug.

Jacob brushes passed me and slings the door open dramatically as always. "What the hell, B. Why didn't you tell us?" He questions after taking a quick glance inside the practically empty space.

I think he's just as mad as I am about the situation.

Gabriella throws her arms up in frustration, "I'm not your responsibility. What good would it do to tell anyone anything?" She drops her arms to her side and sighs, "Look it's late, you see what I have, or well what I don't but you can stay if you'd like. I'm going to lay down. I'm tired. I've worked three of my eight jobs today." She looks directly at Jacob and his eyes widen a fraction.

Whether it be from the amount of jobs she works or the fact that she finally answered his question, I'm not so sure.

"I'm too drunk for all this heavy shit tonight. Let's sleep and we'll talk in the morning." Jacob goes to lay on the couch but a few seconds later he jumps up.