Danielle

I don't know why but I felt like the end of this book would be a good place to write this.

My 2021.

On March 30, my cousin lost her mother and I lost my aunt. I drove to another state to be with her, I stood with her at her mothers graveside as we said goodbye to someone we both loved dearly, but differently. It was hard to say goodbye.

On May 19th, I lost my daddy and she lost her uncle. She drove to another state to be with me, she stood with me at my fathers graveside as we said goodbye to someone we both loved dearly, but differently. It was hard to say goodbye.

At my daddy's funeral, my best friend was also there for me. We have been friends since we were six years old and in the first grade, along the way we found out we were third cousins. We've been inseparable ever since and I can never thank God enough for her, for both of my cousins. In August, three months after my daddy died, her daddy died. I was there for her.

Life is hard, it's unexpected. It's overwhelming and damaging. It's a chaotic mess. We never know from one day to the next what to expect, but all we can do is our best.

Life is also beautiful, it's a mystery. It's a blessing and it's full of surprises. It's good, despite the bad. All we can ever do is our best. Be there for one another, especially now, in these times where things are so uncertain. Stand with each other and help when and where you can because you never know when you may be standing in that persons shoes. They may need you the same way you needed them. Be there.