Alex

The work week has fortunately passed by quickly and I'm so thankful. I'm so ready for the weekend, I just want to unwind and forget this week.

Gabriella jokes about me stalking her but I'm actually being stalked by my ex. Kate has been non-stop all week. Coming by work, my apartment, calling work, calling my cell, and leaving notes on my car and at the front desk.

I'm pretty sure it's time for a restraining order.

If she wanted me this badly when we were actually together we wouldn't be in this situation right now.

I'm exhausted.

My office door flies open and as usual Jacob walks in. "Do you have to be so dramatic?" I ask, but not really caring.

"You know it." He says with a smirk. "So, what are we doing this weekend?"

"Well, I'm going home. I don't know what you're doing." The look Jacob gives me tells me he isn't satisfied with my answer. I just shrug at him.

"Oh come on, dude. You're so boring. Don't you want to get out and do something?" He throws his arms up in the air and let's them fall back to his side. "We've stayed in the last couple of weeks, let's go have fun."

"My mom invited you and Cade to family dinner Sunday. So we can't show up with hangovers and headaches." I shake my head at him.

"Dude, it's Friday. We can go out tonight, have a hangover in the morning, and be good to show up to momma Reeds on Sunday." He winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Sure" I say finally giving in because I know he won't.

I thought peer pressure ended in high school?

I gather up all my stuff and see that Jacob is staring at me. "What?" I question him. He's lucky he's my best friend, my brother or I would've already told him to shut the fuck up and get out.

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know. You want to go out, you make the plans." He starts to say something but I cut him off. "If you don't make the plans then I'm staying home." I threaten.

"Alright, alright. I'll figure it out." He gets up from the chair and Cade walks in. "Cadey, I need your help."

Cade sighs and shakes his head, "stop calling me that." He whines.

Better than asshole.

"No." Jacob says. "Now let's go brainstorm." He throws his arm over Cade's shoulders and they walk out.

Surprisingly my father wasn't at the office today, which is highly unusual.

I think I'll take it as a positive though.

When he isn't here, my days are better. I can only handle pointless arguing for so long.

I'm not exactly sure when the change in our relationship happened, but I do know I was young. Before anyone, including myself realized that I was good with numbers, my father and I had a great bond. He's the one that got me into baseball, antique cars, and grilling. He's the one that use to take me on adventures in the woods, hiking, and swimming. But somewhere along the way, it all changed.

Just a quick snap of your fingers or blink of an eye.

The man I once knew was gone.

And so was the love I once had for him.

The sound of the elevator doors opening causes the unwanted thoughts to leave my mind for a while.

"Okay, so we've figured out what we're doing tonight." Jacob waggles his eyebrows.