Chapter 4

Ella

It's been just over a week since the party, it's now Monday and I'm in Potions class. We've stopped working on our projects and are now focusing on actual work. Me and Theo haven't talked about the fact that we kissed at the party, that's because there was nothing really to say. I've known him for two weeks, and he seems like a nice person. I'm still getting to know him, but I don't exactly want a relationship with anyone. Not after what happened last time.

"For the remainder of the lesson, I want you to brew a Alihotsy Draught potion in your partners. Your time starts....now."

I took a sigh as I turned to Draco. "I'll get the ingredients."

He just nodded without looking at me as I went over to the cupboard and picked out what we needed. As I was there, I felt someone slap my arse. I turned around with a clenched fist ready to punch who were did it straight in the jaw, but it was Bella.

"Merlin Ell, calm down." She giggled.

"You can't just slap my arse out of nowhere, I thought you were a creep."

"Loosen up a bit." She nudged me and picked out her ingredients.

I grabbed the last of mine and went back over to our table. As I went to get my book out to read the instructions, I was met with a sour face from Malfoy.

"You've got the wrong ingredients." He spat.

"No I haven't."

"It says here that you need lacewing flies, I don't see any in the table." He said sassily. "And what about the pumpkin seeds, limewood and monkswood?"

I rolled my eyes. "You don't actually need those things."

"That's not what it says here." He pointed to the book.

"Do you really do everything that's written down on a piece of paper?"

"When it's instructions, yes."

"Well, I've done this potion plenty of times before to memorise it. So I'll just do this one, you can just relax or something."

"No way, you're not messing this up for me."

"Why are you so persistent on the fact that I will mess thing up?" I asked, I was growing annoyed.

"Because I know people like you, you think you know what you're doing but don't."

"You don't even know me, so don't make false assumptions about me." I spat while turning on the gas and put the cauldron on top. I began to do the potion, Draco added his little things in it just to be annoying.

I knew this potion so well because my father works with potions in the ministry. He taught me and Bella all there is to know about potions, that's why it's my favourite subject. Bella, on the other hand, isn't that bothered about potions.

I was nearly done with the potion with 15 minutes spare, I turned around for 1 second -one fucking second- and Draco had ruined it.

He added the frogs legs in too early, they reacted with the potion and created black smoke to submerge from the cauldron. Soon, it had covered the whole of the classroom.

We all ran outside as fast as possible, everyone was coughing their lungs up. The smoke followed us out of the room which meant I couldn't see properly. It soon disappeared, I could just about work out some figures, everyone was covered in dust.

"Mr Malfoy, Miss Mayler, you have just earned yourselves a months detention."

"I didn't even do it!" I argued.