Chapter 71

Ella

After the incident in the great hall, me and Draco decided to go straight to the room of requirement. He began working on the cabinet as I vented to him.

"It's fucking ridiculous!" I shouted as I paced up and down. "Why did she lead Bella on for so long and then get with someone else right after they broke up! Neville of all people!"

"Yeah, he's a whimp."

"He's a fucking Gryffindor which is what makes it worse." I added. "She hurt my sister, broke her heart, then Granger had the audacity to tell me I should be on their side?! Just because she has no siblings doesn't mean she shouldn't understand that family comes first. Always."

"Yeah, Granger is a fucking stupid cow." Draco muttered. "Her, Potter and Weasley always involve themselves in things when it has nothing to do with them. Potter has been following me recently, I've had to hide in alcoves so he doesn't see me. And I've not forgotten that he went through our things on the Hogwarts express."

"Yeah, he always has to get involved in everyone's business. It's fucking ridiculous." I agreed. "We need to find a way to kill Dumbledore sooner. That cabinet won't be ready for ages."

"Yeah, but what can we do?"

"Not sure." I shrugged and leant on a pile of random artefacts. Some fell onto the floor, one being an expensive looking necklace. There was newspaper wrapped around it, on top of that was a black silky material. I went to pick it up, but stopped when Draco shouted at me.

"No don't touch that!"

I stopped and looked up at the blonde, he quickly came over and held out a hand so I'd stand behind him. "It's a dark artefact. I remember seeing it in Borgin and Burkes a few years ago."

"How did it get here?"

"No idea." He shrugged and used a spell to levitate the necklace in the air. "It has a curse on it, whoever wears it will die a brutal death. It has to be touched for at least a few seconds to take effect."

"You said it kills whoever touches it?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, he turned his head to face me and nodded.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, why don't we give it to Dumbledore? It'll be easier than trying to fix the cabinet. It'll be quicker."

"And how are we meant to give it to him? If we get caught handing him the object that kills him, we'll be killed."

"Get someone else to do it. Someone random, a student of course. Everyone is going down to Hogsmeade next week. We can imperio someone into taking it to Dumbledore then obliviate them so they don't remember."

"That's genius!" He chimed and turned his body to face me, his hands cupping my cheeks as he pulled me into a passionate kiss. "What would I do without you, Ella?"

"Hmm, I'm not sure." I joked, which made him chuckle then kiss me again. I giggled though the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck as his hands went down to my waist, pulling me closer to him.

******

We had planned it perfectly. It was all set. The next Saturday, I woke up feeling a little excited and nervous.

I felt horrible that Dumbledore was going to die, but it was rather him or us. If Draco failed, he would be killed, and because I'm an accomplice, I'd also get killed. So, we were doing this.

I had a shower then got changed into some warm clothes because it was snowing outside. I put on a little bit of makeup to cover up the bags underneath my eyes then slipped into some shoes.