Chapter 45

Ella

We were on our way back to Hogwarts, on the Hogwarts express. Theo had closed himself off for a couple of days but slowly began opening back up, now he's okay. I try not to be too affectionate with Draco in front of Theo, which is disheartening because Draco had finally began to open up more.

Right now, I was leaning my head against Draco's shoulder as we all talked. Crabbe was telling us about his break and Blaise was telling him about ours.

"You okay?" Draco whispered to me.

"Yeah, just really tired." I muttered, my eyes becoming heavy. "I'm going to the toilet, I'll be back in a minute."

I stood up and left the carriage, walking towards the bathroom. I noticed the tiny red sign said 'occupied' so I waited patiently outside. Not long later, I heard the flush of a chain and the tap running, then the door swung open. A familiar ginger looking down at me with wide eyes. George.

"Oh...um." He held the back of his neck in awkwardness. "I didn't realise anyone was waiting outside-"

"Sorry, I should of knocked or something-"

"No no, it's fine I'm the sorry one." He interjected then gave me a small smile. He began to walk off, but I had a gut feeling that I should talk to him...check up on him.

"George?"

"Mhm?" He hummed as he turned to face me. I couldn't help my stomach churn at the look of him, he was still as handsome as I remembered.

"Are we on good terms?" I mumbled while looking down at the ground.

"Yeah, of course, why wouldn't we be?"

"Well, after everything that went on I just thought-" I paused. "Never mind, it doesn't matter."

He sighed. "I'm sorry about what I said, about you and Malfoy. I was just annoyed that I'd lost you, I didn't even realise you had eyes for someone else."

"I'm also sorry, I didn't intend on doing it, but we had that stupid assignment together so we automatically had to spend more time together and...yeah, it just kind of happened."

"It's fine, I'm just glad you're happy." He went to turn and leave.

"I really did like you George, ask Ella."

He turned back with a smile.

"It's quite funny actually, I kept telling Ella about you and how much I liked you and then Fred said you were doing the same to him."

He stifled up a laugh. "Yeah, I was crazy about you."

"Friends?"

"Friends." He nodded, I opened up my arms and gave him a hug -which felt nice.

After that, he walked away and I went to the toilet feeling content. I'm glad we've sorted things out, made it not awkward between us.

I walked back to our carriage slowly and noticed all my friends chatting away, smiles on their faces as we made our way to Hogwarts.
It felt nice, but I had a weird feeling things would soon change.

I walked through and sat back down, Draco snaked his arm around my waist and gave me a smile. "The sweets trolley came round so I got you some chocolate frogs."

"Thank you." I smiled as I picked one from his lap and opened it.

******

Once we'd gotten to Hogwarts and had our feast in the great hall, I unpacked all my things then went to Draco's room. He was laying on his bed while reading a book, one arm resting behind his head as the other held the book, his leg crossed over the other. He only had some grey joggers on, no top.