Chapter 65

Ella

My eyes slowly fluttered open, the light beaming through the black curtains made me squint. I blinked multiple times until my vision became clear and adjusted to the light. I had a throbbing pain in my head, right at the back. There was a cold breeze beside me, where Draco's presence used to be.

He was gone.

I sat up and looked around, Milo was also nowhere to be seen. No sounds coming from the bathroom, Draco's pyjamas he used to have on scruffily thrown on the floor. He must of gone for some food.

Last night kept playing in my head over and over. I wanted the memories gone, but at the same time I felt like I needed to see them. Like I deserved it. To feel this pain.

I sat and stared into space, rethinking about what happened, and how I reacted in the shower. How scared Draco looked. He looked petrified of me. Of what I was doing.

I couldn't help it, and I don't regret it now. He needed to be gone. I itched my face subconsciously thinking about his trace still being there. But decided to leave it. There was no point in scrubbing it away, his trace will always be there. It's still there from 4th year.

I sat and thought for what felt like 5 minutes, but was much longer. The door opened and Draco came through. One hand was holding onto a lead, Milo attached to the end of it, he was wearing his navy blue harness and was eager to get back inside and jump around. In his other hand was a bunch of red roses, they were absolutely stunning and there was a fair few of them, a red bow wrapped around the stem.

He looked shocked to see me up, he gave me a small smile and closed the door, unclipping the harness which made Milo pounce up onto the bed and run into my arms. I picked him up and laughed silently at how excited was to see me, I held him close to my face as he rubbed his against my cheek for attention.

"Sorry I was gone for so long, I went down to Hogsmeade." Draco announced as he came over to the bed, holding out the flowers. "These are for you."

I smiled and took them off him, taking in a whiff of the sent. He went to walk away, but I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to me. His head turned in my direction, so I placed a gentle kiss on his lips. They were clean. My lips clean of Matthew.

"Thank you." I told him, my voice quiet. I had lost my voice last night from screaming, so you could hardly hear me.

"I'm so sorry, Princess." His face showed worry and regret as he sat beside me, Milo came down to my lap and lay there, so I was able to wrap my arms around Draco's neck and pull him into a hug.

"You have nothing to apologise for." I whispered."I'm the sorry one, I'm sorry for the way I acted."

"No no." He pulled away and cupped my cheeks. "You had all rights to act like that, what he did was...it was terrible." He scrunched his face at the memory. Anger beginning to build back inside of him. "I wish I would of fucking killed him-"

"Draco, it's fine."

"No, Ella, it isn't fine. I want to kill him. I want to rip his head off."

"You can't, you'll get expelled."

"I don't care at this point." He argued. "He hurt you, and no one hurts my girl."

I couldn't help but blush at his words. A small smile appearing on my lips, I gave him a kiss then leant against the headboard.

"Thank you for the flowers, they're beautiful."

"No problem."

I conjured a glass vase and put the roses in that, then I used a spell to fill it up with water and left it on the beside table. Draco was watching me as I did so, still a hint of worry in his eyes.