Chapter 52

Ella

The next couple of weeks were very stressful for most 5th years. We were nearly done with exams, we had one left then they were over. I thought they went surprisingly okay, and I think lots people in my friendship group did.

Theo had been trying to figure out who the mystery girl is for ages, and Grace has been asking me which friend I wanted to set her up with. Both of them asked me questions about it all the time, to which I give subtle hints.

Right now, it was Friday and we had our last exam today. Potions.

"You nervous?" Bella asked as we waited outside the main hall.

"A little bit, but potions has been easy so far."

"That's because you're good at it." She scoffed.

"Only because dad made me learn them all."

"True." She nodded. "How are they, they haven't sent a letter in a while?"

"Okay I think." I shrugged. All I know is that father is trying to get something that's in the ministry for the dark Lord. I don't know who he's working with or anything but it isn't good.

Once we were all seated in our usual seats, we began the test.

Half way through writing, I heard a noise come from outside the closed doors, but just chose to ignore it. Everyone turned around when they heard the noise again, only this time a little louder. It ended up catching Umbridge's attention and she walked down the middle of the room and opened the doors. Nothing was there which left everyone confused, at this point everyone had turned around to see what was going on.

I watched as a small firework whizzed around Umbridge and lingered around her face, then it came into the great hall and exploded into purple and blue. Everyone was so confused and the hall stayed silent until the two boys came speeding in on their brooms. Fred and George. Of course this is them.

They were shouting and laughing as they threw more fireworks in the air which made all our papers fly into the air. Loads of fireworks started going off all at once in the hall, making it more colourful than I've ever seen it before. Some explosives made tiny fireworks go off in front of our faces. They were so small and mesmerising to watch. Some others they sent down started chasing after people, mainly Slytherins.

I saw one go for Goyle and he screamed as it scorched his nose, he wafted it away so it started chasing Crabbe. He ran away but it kept hitting his bum. I heard a shriek so I turned to look at Draco, who was also being chased by a firework. It cornered him to a wall so he dodged it just before it got him. It hit the wall and made a print of his face on it, that made me laugh slightly.

George let another one off, but this time it went for me. I stumbled back as it got closer to my face, but then it stopped and whizzed off to Theo. I looked up at George who gave me a goofy smile.

"Ready when you are!" Fred shouted to George. He let off a firework and it turned into a massive head of a dragon. It immediately started chasing Umbridge and she ran for dear life. She reached just outside the main doors before it enclosed on her, sending tiny fireworks to shoot up and make the rules that were pinned up on the wall to break and fall off.

The boys headed to the doors then zoomed past Umbridge to outside. We all followed them and cheered as they set more off. One distinctive one went off that made a huge golden 'W' appear in the air.

I laughed in shock as they began talking about their shop they'd set up in diagon alley in the summer then zoomed off into the sky. Umbridge was burnt to a crisp, which was funny to watch.