Chapter 63

Ella

"Someone at the school is a werewolf."

No no no. No. This cannot be happening.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked, trying my best to stop my hands from trembling. The pit so heavy in my stomach that it reached hell.

"Did you not hear the howl last night?" Blaise asked. "Everyone's been talking about it."

"But it's the forbidden forest, there's all sorts of creatures in there." Draco argued.

"Ah, but here's the thing." Theo held up his fork full of sausage and pointed it at us both. "We have overheard people, who have overheard Granger, Potter and Weasley speaking. Granger, being the smart arse that she is, has said that that specific howl was by a werewolf. They should know better than anyone since they were nearly attacked by that Professor we had in 3rd year."

"So why does that mean they're from the school?" I asked. "It could of been anyone."

"It was so close to the school grounds." Bella told us.

"And I heard a Hufflepuff student say they saw someone running into the forbidden forest last night." Anna added in.

"That's bullshit." I scoffed. "People lie all the time and make up rumours."

"True, but I believe it's a student." Theo said and bit into the sausage. "Or our new professor."

"Slughorn?" I asked and burst out laughing. "No way."

"May I please have your attention!" Dumbledore announced from the front of the hall. Everyone immediately became quiet as they turned their attention to the old wise man.  "Now, I know that a lot of you have heard the rumour that there is a werewolf amongst us. However, this is a lie. Hagrid caught the wolf this morning so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. Now, I wish for you to carry on with your dinner, and stop talking about the Wolf."

"Yeah, he's definitely trying to cover something up." Blaise spoke to us all quietly. "Look at how half of the teachers are on edge, they keep sharing looks between one another."

"Yeah, I reckon they're doing it to save someone. So the person who is really the werewolf won't leave. When people find out, there's no doubt that people will be scared of them."

"Oh yeah, they'll get terrorised."

"I don't know about you, but I'd rather not get in their bad side. Wouldn't want to end up being their lunch." Anna shrugged and popped a tomato into her mouth.

"Hey Ella, you were bitten by a wolf weren't you?" Theo asked. "Maybe it's you."

"Shut the fuck up Nott." Draco seethed through gritted teeth.

There was an awkward tension between us all, I kept my head down in embarrassment.

"It's not, is it?" Bella asked. I lifted my head up and looked into her worried eyes, mine began to water and my lip quivered. They're all going to fall out with me. They won't want to be friends with a werewolf.

I quickly stood up and raced out the room, knowing each and every one of my friends were watching me with confusion.

My vision became blurry as I raced through the halls, it sounded like someone had stuffed cotton into my ears. My mind racing with horrible thoughts. I couldn't see straight, my blood curling at the thought of what I am.

I'm a monster.

I my knees began to buckle underneath me, but I felt someone catch me from behind. "Wow wow." I recognised Draco's voice straight away, he was holding onto my hips to keep me up straight. "It's alright, princess, I've got you."