lizzie saltzman {request}

requested by ImToleratedNotLiked
• • •
prompt: "the moment you saw me as a bet was the moment you fucked up"

requested by ImToleratedNotLiked • • •prompt: "the moment you saw me as a bet was the moment you fucked up"

this all started out as a little joke that penelope had put you up to. stupid penelope. you knew it was a terrible idea - how could you ever let yourself do this to someone? especially someone as amazing as lizzie. you felt stupid. you wanted out of this whole situation because frankly, you were starting to fall for her.

"okay, y/n, what do you say? are you in?" penelope leaned against the wall. "i don't know, penelope. lizzie is a person... with feelings!" penelope rolled her eyes, "well i guess everyone will have to know about the little love poem you wrote in eighth grade," she smirked. your eyes widened, "fine! fine! i'm in, but i'm winning. what are the rules again?" "i bet that i can get josie to fall for me before you can get lizzie to fall for you. if you win, i have to do whatever you want for a week. if i win, i expose your little poem."

you dropped your head into your hands, "this is horrible. you're horrible." you didn't want to hurt lizzie, but no one could find out about the poem you wrote about her. you would get bullied forever. penelope snatched the poem from your desk, winked, and walked out of the room. you went to find lizzie. you spotted the blonde in the hallway and made your way over...

after a few weeks, you and lizzie had gone out on a few dates and really enjoyed spending time with each other. you had completely forgotten about the bet until you looked across the room to see penelope fake flirting with josie. "they're gross. i told josie not to get back with her. i hope she doesn't cave," lizzie groaned. you just let out a nervous laugh and sat back in your chair. "what's up?" lizzie looked at you with a concerned face.

a tear fell down your face, and lizzie went into protective mode, "y/n, what's wrong?" you didn't want to tell lizzie about the bet, but you knew you had to do it before penelope could. you had realized that you had actually started to fall for the blonde yourself, which made the situation even worse. you stood up and grabbed lizzie's arm, pulling her toward your room. penelope glanced at you, and for a second, she seemed to appear guilty that she had upset you.

"y/n/n, can you please tell me what is going on?" you sat her down on your bed, and started to pace. "it was a bet," your voice was shakey and quiet. "what?" "it was a bet! it was all a bet! lizzie! i-i didn't meant for it to happen like this, but you have to under-" "stop. just stop talking. i knew it couldn't be true." "what couldn't be true? lizzie, i love you. i always-" "why did you do this, y/n?" lizzie now had tears falling down her face as well, "was it all an act?"

you vigorously shook your head and took a seat next to her. you tried to take her hand into yours, but she snatched it away, not even being able to make eye contact with you. "i wrote a poem - a love poem - about you in eighth grade. penelope found it and threatened to spread it around the whole school. i did it because i didn't want it to get out, but i realized-"

"save it. i don't care," lizzie stood up and stopped in the doorway, "the moment you saw me as a bet was the moment you fucked up." she stormed out of the room and you fell on your bed crying. you had lost her. not even a minute later, penelope ran into your room and kneeled at your side, "y/n, i am so so sorry. i- i don't know how to fix this. i was so selfish-" penelope rambled. "selfish? you did this for yourself? just to have an excuse to talk to josie again?" penelope stopped and made eye contact with you, "i- i did this because, y/n, i like you. i got jealous of lizzie because i knew that you still liked her. it was stupid i know."

you sat up in misbelief, "penelope, i love lizzie. i really do. she hates me now, but i have to try to fix this. i'm sorry." "i know. this is all my fault. go get your girl, y/n," the brunette gave you a sad smile and patted your hand. you stood up and went to find the love of your life.

a/n: i'm sorry this is also absolute trash, but i rushed through it since i completely forgot to add it to the list.