meredith grey (pt. 2)

for kendallcarpenter99

having a cute moment with meredith

you arrived at home earlier than meredith because she had a later surgery. this was probably for the best since you had made her quite frustrated at work earlier today. you knew she would be home soon, so made her her favorite drink and put on the tv.

once you heard the door open, it was time to brace yourself and hope that she wasn't still mad. "y/n!" you slowly walked toward the front door with her special drink. "truce? i love you. please forgive me. i even put the kids to be early for you!" you added with an innocent smile, "you're just so fun to tease. i couldn't help it."

meredith tried to be mad at you, but she couldn't resist your smile. she caved and took the drink out of your hands, "you are so annoying, y/n, but i love you." "i would hope so because i love you too." you leaned up and kissed her and her signature smile spread across her face.

that damned smile: the very thing that made you fall in love with the doctor. every time you see it, it takes you back to the first time you met your wife. you were transferring to grey sloan from new york, and were a little nervous considering you would be working with some of the best doctors in the country.

the first person you met was meredith. she was a little tough on you at first since you didn't know how things worked around the hospital, but the two of you quickly became very close.

she adored your determination and compassion in the o.r., and would drop anything to watch you do what you loved. she didn't think that you noticed, but you definitely did. one day you even caught her staring and she blushed like crazy. that was the moment that you knew you loved her. you couldn't help but fall for that damned smile.

the two of you spent every second together whenever you got the chance; there was so much love between you that even meredith's kids noticed. you had loved and taken care of them like your own children even before you got married. you were just meant for each other in every way possible, and though you were scared at the time you would never regret your decision to transfer to grey sloan.

a/n: i'm sorry i disappeared again 👁👄👁