hope mikaelson {au} {request}

requested by thankyouux
• • •
prompt: "i don't know what i would do without you in my life"

requested by thankyouux • • •prompt: "i don't know what i would do without you in my life"

hope admiring how you interact with your children.

a scream woke you and your wife up from your slumber. the two of you jumped out of bed and rushed to the twins' room. your four-year-old twin daughters, grayson and sophie, were huddled into sophie's bed with scared looks on their faces. hope turned on the light and you embraced both girls into a comforting hug.

"what's wrong, girls? mommy and i are here. it's okay," hope said to the frightened girls. "we're still havin' bad dreams, mama." "they're so scary, and we're afraid of them!" tears ran down sophie's face, and grayson hugged her tighter. "hey, hey. it's okay to have nightmares. mama and i have them sometimes too," you say. "really? why aren't you scared of them?" grayson's eyes twinkled with hope.

you smiled down at the girls, "you have to remember that they're not real. you have to let the nightmares know that you're not afraid. if you let the thing that's scaring you know that you're not afraid, it won't be scary anymore. what are your nightmares about?" hope just looked at you in awe of how well you were handling this.

"in my nightmare, gray gets taken by a monster and i can't help her!" "and in my nightmare, soph gets taken!" "oh wow! those are scary dreams, but you have to remember what mommy said. if you have them again, let the monster know that you're not afraid," hope kissed the girls on the forehead and put grayson back in her bed.

you and hope stood in the doorway to make sure the twins were okay before you left. "are you guys ready to go back to sleep?" they both happily nodded their heads, "thank you, mama and mommy! no more scary monsters!" sophie giggled at her sister's remark. "well then goodnight, ladies." you shut off the light and followed hope back to your bedroom.

"that was amazing," your wife had the biggest smile on her face. "what? i just told them what my mom told me. do you think it worked?" hope laughed at you, "of course it worked. you are such a good mom, y/n y/l/n-mikaelson." you smiled back at your wife, "thank you, babe. you are too; the girls absolutely adore you." "i don't know what i would do without you in my life." hope's words made you freeze in your place. you grabbed her hands and looked right into her eyes, "you will never ever have to worry about me not being in your life. i love you and the twins more than anything else in the world, hope. always remember that." 

a/n: happy new year!! i hope you liked this one!