hope mikaelson {request}

requested by thankyouux

getting support from hope after an accident

it's been a few weeks since you lost your arm during a monster attack on the boarding school. everyone has been supporting you and helping out, but you have still been extremely frustrated. you didn't want to worry anyone, so you have been keeping it to yourself. today was valentine's day and you wanted to set up a special dinner and date for hope, but were having a lot of trouble.

the bag of flour slipped out of your hand and exploded onto the counter. you sighed and leaned against the counter, hand running through your hair. tears of frustration fell down your face as you struggled to clean up the white powder. as you were cleaning up the flour, you knocked into the bowl and it clanged against the tile floor. a sob left your lips and you slumped to the floor, more tears falling now.

"y/n/n? what's wrong?" hope softly called out to you, "oh my god." she rushed to your side, "lizzie! get in here! what happened? are you hurt?" you shook your head, "no, i- i- just can't live like this anymore. i'm useless." lizzie popped her head around the corner and rushed in when she saw you. she kneeled on the other side of you. tears now fell down hope's cheeks. "y/n, you are not useless! we wouldn't be here without you. you saved us. i'm so so sorry that you lost your arm, but we can help you get through this," lizzie reasoned.

you pulled them both into a hug and apologized for the mess. lizzie started to clean the ingredients off of the floor and hope helped you into the bedroom. she sat you down on the bed and used a towel to wipe the flour and tears from your face. "i'm so sorry, hope. i'm trying to do the best i can for you. i know you wanted your favorite cake and-" "honey, stop. i don't need the cake. i don't need any of that, i just want you. i appreciate everything you do for me, but now it's time for me to do stuff for you. you made a huge sacrifice for all of us."

"but what about valentine's day? how is it going to be special without your cake? and the roses-" hope cut you off with a soft kiss, "y/n. everything is perfect as long as i have you. trust me." hope pulled a silver necklace out of her pocket. it had a heart with her initials engraved into it. she sat behind you and clasped the necklace around your neck, leaving a small kiss on your shoulder. "hope, i love it," you smiled up at her, "thank you." "of course, my love. happy valentine's day."

a/n: happy late valentine's day!! this is not proofread