colette french (pt. 2)

admitting your feelings for colette

you heard the front door of colette's house click open while you were laying the baby down in her crib. even though you were in high school, you had a knack for taking care of kids. because of this, colette only trusted you to watch her baby.

you left the baby's room to meet your coach in the hallway. she gestured for you to come into her room, so you quietly walked in. "hey, is she asleep?" colette sat down on the bed, and you leaned against the doorway. "yeah, she was really tired today," you smiled. "ugh that's why i love you. i can never get to sleep like you can."

you looked down at the floor and smiled. "come here," colette told you to sit next to her. you slowly made your way over and sat down. she leaned over and pressed her lips to yours. you kissed back until she pulled away. the coach smiled at you and you returned it, but looked down at the bed.

she lifted your chin so you could meet her gaze. "what's wrong?" "i- um... nothing. i should go home-" "y/n," she firmly said your name and grabbed your wrist as you went to get up. "tell me what is wrong." "what is um- what are we?" colette glanced down for  a second and then back up at you.

"y/n-" "no. you can't tell me that there is nothing between us," you whisper/yell, trying not to wake the baby. "i love you-" "i love you too-" "no. listen to me, y/n! i am married, i have a kid, i am your coach! we can never be anything more than what we are now. no one can ever find out-" "then i can't do this!" you stood up as you felt your eyes start to water.

"this is so unfair. you lead me on, let me watch your daughter, and you kiss me. i know this is just as much my fault as it is yours, but why did you let me get so attached to you? how could i let this happen? i just- i don't know. i can't. whatever this is, it has to be over." colette didn't even try to stop you; all she did was watch you leave.

you could tell that she was hurt, but not enough to keep you from leaving. you grabbed your bag and stormed out of the room and to your car. you didn't drive away; you just sat there and let the tears fall. even hitting the steering wheel a few times couldn't offer any relief. you wiped away the tears and backed out of the driveway of the house that you would probably never step foot in again.

a/n: idea by siemprecamila thank you so much! :)