lizzie saltzman {request} {pt. 2}

requested by MazeRunnerAngel
• • •
part two of the last lizzie request

requested by MazeRunnerAngel • • • part two of the last lizzie request

trying to win back lizzie's trust

you rushed through the halls of the boarding school after leaving penelope in your room. where can she be? if i were an upset lizzie, where would i go? an idea immediately popped into your head. you made your way to the common room (a/n: i don't remember what it's called😌) and saw the blonde sitting and reading a book.

as soon as she saw you walking up to her, she covered her eyes with the book. you sighed and sat next to her, "hey, can we-" "no." "liz-" "no, y/n. get out of my face." her words sting, but she had all the right to be mad. after all, you did make a bet on her and completely disregarded her feelings. so shitty of you, y/n. "please? five minutes, that's all i ask. if we don't see eye-to-eye after five minutes, you never have to talk to me again." she glanced up from her book and gave you a nod.

"i never ever meant for this stupid thing to get out of hand. i would never do something like this for no reason. that's just cruel. i was trying to hide something that i didn't want to get out, and penelope said the only what she would keep it to herself was if i won a bet. i totally agreed until she told me what the bet was. i would never hurt you or your sister, and i feel so completely shitty for what i did. i am so sorry." lizzie raised an eyebrow, "what were you trying to hide? and why did you change your mind all of a sudden?"

you bit your lip, trying to decide if you wanted to tell her. oh fuck it, she'd find out someday. "i wrote a love poem in eight grade. it was about you." lizzie perked up at the mention of her involvement, "go on." "and penelope found out about it. she said she would read it to the whole school if i didn't win. but i quickly realized that i really really like you. i completely understand if you're still mad at me and hate me forever, but thank you for letting me explain. i cant imagine how i made you feel."

lizzie moved her glance for your eyes to her hands. she looked as if she was trying to make a decision. "i need some time, y/n, but i did like you too. i really fell for you and you broke my heart. you could have just told me about the poem; i would have loved to read it." your heart broke at her words, but you nodded. "i completely understand, and thank you so much for giving me your time." she smiled at you and pulled you in for a hug.

"what do you say we start over? like this never happened?" lizzie suggested and held out her hand. you laughed and shook her hand. "hi, i'm y/n.how are you?"