The comeback ❤

Toni

I woke up at 6:30 . Too damn early . I started my morning routine and got ready to go to school . I checked my phone for a text from shakyla . No text. That's weird . I decided to get my stuff and go to her house . When I got all my things together I headed to Khia & Shakyla's building . I turned my music all the way up . As I was approaching their building I saw a coroner's truck and ambulance and detective cars . Damn who done got shot . I swear I hate Dogwood Heights Sometimes .

When I got up to the building I saw yellow tape everywhere . I could barely see anything . Let me be nosey . I walked and stood on top of a nearby car to get a better view . When I looked I saw a bunch of blood and a small body . The body looked really familiar . Then one of the detectives moved a little bit giving me the perfect view . Khia ? My heart dropped fast as I dropped everything and ran through the tape . I screamed at the top of my lungs as I choked on tears .

I ran over to her lifeless body and lifted her up . She was covered in old blood and had a hole in her neck and her stomach . Why God why ?

"Please come back . Please . Please . I'm sorry . I'm sooo sorry . God please bring her back " I cried loudly . I couldn't control myself I felt like my world had just ended . A female detective was pulling on my arm trying to get me to move .

"Ma'am you cannot be here you shouldn't be seeing this " she spoke grabbing at my arm . I snatch away still holding khia's body close to me .

"Leave me alone this is my sister" I yelled at the top of my lungs . I wasn't lying . Khia was my sister . She'd never switched up . We'd been close since 3rd grade . She knows all my secrets and I know hers . I grew up with this girl . She's family .

Shakyla

I woke up to screams and shouts outside . I got on my slippers and went to go see what was going on . I opened my door and peeped down the balcony to the first floor I saw yellow tape and I knew somebody was dead . Damn . At least it ain't nobody I know . I turned around and opened my door but stopped when I heard a familiar voice .

"Leave me alone this is my sister" the voice screamed . Toni . I froze and raced down the steps 3 at a time . I had the worst thoughts on the way down . When I got to the bottom I saw Toni's back . She was holding something . Or somebody . I walked under the tape and to the front of Toni . She was holding a bloody , lifeless khia . I broke down right there .

I slid down the wall and put my knees to my chest and cried . Never taking my eyes of khia's face . I stared into her beautiful face .why her ? How her ? I couldn't breath because I was crying so much . Toni held khia rocking her back and forth silently crying . The coroner finally came and put khia's body in a black body bag and zipped it up . I lost it .

I started throwing everything in sight and begging them to let her body stay . I was screaming trying to keep them from taking her . They had to get detectives to restrain me while they put khia in the truck and left . I had calmed down and accepted the fact that she was gone & went back to silently crying . Toni sat in the same place covered in blood . I helped her up and brought her in my house and started her a shower .

While she was showering I heard her crying. I cried to . & when she got out she put on some of my clothes and we cried together . For the rest of the day we cried . How were we gonna move on without khia . She's our sister . This was going to be impossible .

Toni

I woke up hoping everything was a night mare and wasnt real . But it was . I wasn't dreaming . I got up out of shakyla's bed and went to her bathroom . When I looked in the mirror my face was Swollen and red . I would've continued crying but the years won't come out anymore . My sister is fine for good . She didn't deserve it . I looked at the clock seeing it was only 2:30p.m . I looked at shakyla sleeping in the bed . Her eyes & face were red and puffy . I needed to leave before I cried again .