The Funeral

Shakyla

I woke up and went to the bathroom. Today is the day . I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Toni was still sleeping so I decided to watch TV until she got up. I sat on the sofa and grabbed the remote, flicking through the channels. I decided on watching Empire. I loveeee cookie and luscious. I was into the 2nd episode when Toni walked in .

"The funeral starts at 12. it's 10:45." She said slouching down in the couch .

"Okay why you sitting down?" Let's go get ready" I said going to my room with Toni following me . I laid out my medium length black dress with the gold belt, heels , and accessories. (The one that Toni didn't wear) . I got my mirror and sat down . I pulled out my makeup bag and began fixing my face .

When I was done I sat Toni down and did her makeup. I slipped off my shorts and tank top and slid into my dress. I looked soooo right in the dress. it was beautiful on me. Next I took my head wrap off and took my flexi rods out. The pretty spiral waves fell down my back . I finger combed them a little bit to make them a little looser .

Then Toni sat down while I straightened all 22 inches of her hair. It took forever . But when I was done it fell to the top of her butt. After I was done she put on her long slit dress and shoes and I did her makeup. We were ready to go . I checked the time and saw that it was 11:32. I grabbed my phone and called Marquis .

"Hello ? yall ready ?" He asked .

"Yes were ready." I said getting everything together .

"Ight come out side I'm pulling in now." I hung up the phone and stepped into the mirror .

"Come here Toni ." she came yo the mirror .

I looked at us both. We looked REALLY nice. I wished we weren't looking nice for such a sad event . The thought made my eyes tear .

"Okay" I said clearing my throat. "We're ready." I said grabbing Toni's hand and walking towards the door .

Toni

We pulled up to the church just on time. Everybody else's car was pulling in and the family car had just pulled up. Marquis, Will , Shakyla , & I stepped out of the car. Marquis and Rico hand on matching Black, Polo dress shirts with Khakis.

We walked up to the church just as Khia's family was getting out of the car. We all stood on the steps of the church as the Paw Bearers got the white and gold casket out of the Black hearse. I stood as they lifted the casket onto their shoulders and carried it up the stair past us into the church.

When they past us I could've sworn I saw Khia's mom mean mugged me but I brushed it off because I know her mom loved all of us. Before I had a chance to speak to her she burst into tears and the family swarmed her. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Come on we can talk to her when she's settled." Shakyla said into my ear. She turned and walked into the white and gold church matching the casket . Everything was beatiful. We went and sat in the first Pew on the right because the imediate family would sit on the left.

When everyone was settled the funeral home people walked to the casket and unlatched the gold latches . Slowly opening the Casket . When it was fully open I saw her . She looked like a angel in her all white gown & beautiful golden make up . Her hair were in pretty baby doll curls . She looked so good, I would've thought she was sleeping . My thoughts were quickly interrupted.

"We have come here today to celebrate the short life of Khia Crawford." The Pastor said pausing . I went back to admiring Khia, tuning out what he was saying . I was staring at her beautiful face then it hit me. This would be the last time I saw her face. I instantly burst into tears at the thought. I put my head in my hands and cried . Everything was quiet so I know everyone was looking at me .