Chapter Thirty Five

Amalia's POV

The drive to the desired destination was tedious and too long. I had no idea where we were going, all I knew was that we were going to meet Tony's family, his mafia family.

For some reason, I felt an ounce of anxiousness in my stomach because I was going to meet people that Tony really admired but why does that even matter to me? It shouldn't, Tony is just Tony.

I glance over at him as content filled my system, there was nobody that I knew that made me feel some type of way other than Tony. I don't know why or how but when Tony was around, I felt safe from everything. It's an unusual confession but the more I lived with him, the more I felt like this. As I gaze at him, I thought about how much resent Thiago had for this man I wondered how that was even possible.

"Pendejo, can I ask you something?"

Tony sighed as his firm hands clenched the steer wheel, he glances at the road ahead of him before he looks at me for a second.

"If you must."

"What have you done to Thiago to make him hate you so much?"

Tony's face dropped for a second, it seemed as though he had not anticipated this question. He fixed his posture and continued to drive through the streets of New York while he maintained a fixed gaze straight ahead of him.

"My brother doesn't hate me," He chirped, "the motherfùcker practically sucked my dick in the first week I resided in that villa. If anything, I think he is obsessed with me."

Tony laughs and eventually makes me chuckle however, I still wanted to know the reason. I look away from him and shake my head.

"Come on Tony, I'm serious." I say, "What have you done?"

"If only I knew I would tell you. I seriously have no idea why he resents me so much. However, if anybody should feel resentment, it should be me." He states and I glance over at him in confusion. "Thiago put me in the Crime Family years ago, so yeah I should kill him."

Shock coursed through my veins as I watch him incredulously. I was shocked at the revelation but I was more baffled at the fact that Thiago didn't tell me this at all.

Maybe because Tony is right, Thiago doesn't give a shit about you.

I dismiss the thoughts and reach over to him, my hand rest onto the back of neck and I smile gently at him.

"If anybody wants to kill him, it'll be me." I mumbled, "He locked me in a marriage that meant nothing for five years, so I think he deserves something slow and painful."

Tony clenched his jaws as he accelerated and I couldn't help but gawk at him because he was so damn fucking hot. My hand moves down to his chest before they reach his lips. My thumb caresses his soft lips as I bite my lips.

"We can kill him together Pendejo."

"That's the most romantic yet sexiest thing you have ever suggested Bambolina." He chuckled before he placed a small peck on my hand, right in this moment I felt my stomach flutter. "And it's a great idea."

Just before I replied, the car came to a screeching halt and immediately, I shot a glance at the scene in front of us. Everything happened so fast, I really didn't have much time to comprehend this or react. The car stopped and immediately, Tony reached for his gun but before he reached for it, a man appeared from his side of the window and pushed the back of his gun against Tony's head. As the scene unfolds in front of me, my eyes widens and panic just floods my whole system.