Chapter Thirty One

Amalia's POV

There was an eerie silence, my heart thumped in my chest I could hear it clear in my ears. My fingers tingled as I abandon the materials and finally face the exit of the stock room, where all the commotion was erupting from.

I sensed danger the second silence was welcomed but I didn't think about that at the moment. I quickly run towards one of the steel shelves near the door and hide behind it, waiting a couple of minutes before deciding to head out and see what the fuck has happened.

When I did, my heart stopped for a moment.

It took me a couple of seconds to progress the scene in front of me in my mind because I was in disbelief. Shock. I felt my feet freeze for the second time as I scrutinise the shop floor, my eyes widened with realisation that Xo was nowhere to be seen but on the floor. I could see her feet twitching but I couldn't see anything else and my vision blurred for a second because I was scared. I gulped hard and blinked to get away from my blurry vision, as I dropped to the floor and began to crawl towards her. She was behind the cash registry, probably hiding.

"Xo.." I whispered as I neared her, she didn't reply back to me. I feel a sense of fear overtake my whole body as I begin to fear the worst. However, when I reached her, my suspicions were proven correctly. My heart dropped when I reached Xo lying in a pool of her own blood. I freeze next to her as I scrutinise her twitching body, she was breathing but it seemed like she was hanging onto the last few moments of her life. It took me quite a few minutes to gather myself before I realised once again that Xo had been shot in her chest.

When I reached her, Xo made eye contact with me. Her tearful eyes were in pain as she struggled to breath. When I reached her eyes, I felt my heart falling and shattering into millions of pieces. I couldn't bare the sight of her in pain, she was hurt and I did nothing to protect her.

"Oh God... No..." I whisper as I being to bawl my eyes out and hold her, "No... No..Xo... Que han hecho ellas?"

Xo reaches for my hand and hold it firmly in her grasp. She was trembling as she groaned quietly in pain. Tears streamed down her face as she gave me a weak smile. She takes my hand and slowly pulled it towards her face before she placed a tender kiss at the back of my hand.

"S-s....siempre... t-te iba a proteger... cariño. Siempre. Fue mi última... p-promesa antes de morir." She confessed and I squeezed her hand and began to shake my head as tears streamed down my face, "Te...amo Ama cariño... siempre te amaré."

My whimpers soon had turned into sobs when Xo was really struggling to stay awake. I clutched her into my embrace and begin to plead with her to stay awake but she smiled at me and began to roll her eyes back.

"Xo no! No, stay awake. You can't leave me, you're the closest thing to me as a mama. Xo! Please! Please don't leave m-"

My breath hitched when I felt a firm hand on my shoulder and in that instant, I crane my neck and glance up at the person behind me.

Even though I was heartbroken, when we made eye contact, I couldn't help but feel all those emotion rush towards me all at once.

Tony stood behind me as he clutched onto my shoulders. He glances at Xo with a concerned look before his gaze settled on me and when it did, I cried so hard.

"Tony, do something." I stood up and wipe my face before I clench my hand around his arms and begin to shake him, "Do something to save her, she can't die!" I demand.

Tony reached for my hand but I yanked it away as I felt as though I was going crazy. My face and hands were wet from my tears as well as Xo's blood. I glance over at Xo who was barely awake before I return to Tony who managed to grab my hand.