Chapter Forty Seven

Amalia's POV

"In his own villa? How could you be so sure?"

As Dante questions, I begin to become restless because I knew it, from my own intuition that Tony was at the villa because Thiago would be dumb enough to take him some place where we would be able to find them.

"Because I am!" I say exasperated, as I rub my face, "I know he is there, I just know it."

"Okay, even if he is there, we should be wise with what we do next." He agrees, "Taking Tony to the villa again would be an idiotic step to take as it would easily direct us back to him, easy to locate the one person we need. I feel like there is a catch, or Thiago is a stupid cocksucker."

"Yes you're right but I think you've forgotten that Thiago thinks you killed me, no?" I state, "If he knew that you didn't kill me, he would never return to the villa because he is aware that I would most likely figure it out, before you and Fabio. Dante, he thinks I'm dead or I'm not with you, clearly. Or else, he wouldn't hold Tony hostage in a place that would directly lead me there, a place I call my home."

It made sense, Thiago is stupid but wasn't that stupid...

Scratch that, Thiago is definitely that stupid.

Dante chuckled as he shakes his head in disbelief, clearly thrown by Thiago's foolishness. Amusement filled his face before realisation kicked in, as he thought about it, and eventually, he agreed that my point was actually valid.

"Sorellina, let's go get Tony and your money." Dante says as he proceeds to leave but I stop him when I reach out for his arm.

"Dante, I don't even care about the money, I just want Tony safe." I say, "We're taking Tony and then getting out of there as soon as possible."

Dante glanced at me for a quick second before he sighed and then turned around to face me. He sympathised with me, only for a fleeting moment before he disagrees with a shake to the head. He watched me as his lips pursed for a second and I just blink up at him.

"If you're going to be known as a Lombardi, you need to start acting like one." He states, "A Lombardi never allows people to steal things from them, and if they do, we burn the city down to take back what's ours."

During my stay with them, I've definitely learned so much about them. What I have been witnessing everyday, has so far, contradicted with everybody else's judgement of this family. To be honest, my brother and his family were good people and one thing I've picked up on is that family was a priority to these mafia men. Family was very important to them and for some reason, I valued that. It humbled my heart.

"Amalia, do you understand now why we do what we do?" Dante questions me. As I glance up at him, I nod my head. "Bene, ora andiamo."

Dante curtly nodded his head before he released me of his scrutiny as he began his journey to the car. As he walks away, I thought about our conversation for a mere second before I follow him to the car.

On our way out, we encounter Fabio who was standing outside, smoking a cigarette just how Dante had told him to. I glance at him for a second before I roll my eyes away as I walk past him, following Dante to the car. Fabio's death glares we're becoming tiring at this point, I had no idea how else I could convince this motherfùcker that I was not their enemy here.

"Fabio sali in macchina, penso che potremmo sapere dov'è Tony."

"Where?"

As we all slide into the SUV, Dante begins to fill Fabio in with everything so far, while I glare out the window, waiting for the next thing to happen. I was growing impatient, I wanted Tony here with us, and I knew it's possible because Thiago could never defeat us.