Chapter Thirteen

Tony's POV

-flashback-
(20 years ago)

Dear diary,

Today I miss my Madre a little extra because I haven't seen her in a very long time. I forgot what she looks like. I forgot how she smiled at me every morning when she woke me up for school, I forgot what she used to say to me to make me happy. All I remember is her voice; it was so beautiful.

I snapped out of my reverie when I felt a pair of rough strong hands on my arms, my stomach hurt when I glance up at the man that grabbed me. My stomach dropped the second he held me because this meant he chose me for something I probably will not like. I whimpered as I squeeze my eyes shut, the more time that passed, the more my hands curled into a ball.

For the last three years, I saw this day and night. It was a new routine for us; waking up and fearing for what these men would do to us or what they would make us do.

Sometimes they would make us clean, but that's on good days. However, on other days they would make us do horrible things or maybe even make us watch.

As the tall, vexed man forced me to walk towards the direction he was going to, fear pounded through me.

We were approaching the double doors of hell.

The last time I was here, I lost my voice. I could still hear my screams from that day as the huge man placed something hot onto my chest. Everybody calls him Don Carlos and if anybody dares to disrespect him, they would get more than something hot pressed into their skin.

"no! no! Non voglio entrare, per favore! Non voglio più sentire il dolore!"

I began to scream as we near the door but it didn't faze this man at all. All he did was stop for a second only to throw me over his shoulder just so he could get to the door as quick as he could. I felt tears running down my face as I wail, my stomach hurt so much while I kicked and tried to fight back.

Once we reached the door, the man put me down on my feet but still held me with his rough hands. My head began to spin once he put me down so when he opened the door, I was silent for a few seconds. When we stepped in, I began to cry because of how frightened I was.

I wanted to go back to the room where all my friends were. I learned to live this life and get used to it with the other boys and girls that arrived here the same say I arrived. I've learned to cope with this with them and something tells me that this is going to be ripped away from me any second now.

"Non vuole i saldi, vuole un fottuto ragazzo."

I cower my head after I look up at Don Carlos, he was so angry I felt like he was going to kill me. He glared at the man as he growled at him and I stand in between them feeling my whole body just tremble.

"informalo che questi bambini non sono ancora per il mercato!" The man stood behind me growled before he rubbed his face and then sighed frustratedly, "prendi G-30, thaigo non sta lasciando la mia vista."

As I whimper up at them, Don Carlos turned his glare right at me. When I shivered under his scrutiny, he grabbed me and pulled himself closer towards me.

"Son, you are very lucky today. You just had a very good lick of a lucky escape."

"A-am... I-I-I g-go..going ho-home?" I hiccuped as I try to pull away from this man,

"Depends son, it depends what you call it." Don Carlos cackled before he glared at me again, "You're about to meet one of my good friend, he is a very dangerous man and surprisingly, he wants you."