Chapter Thirty Six

Beautiful cover made by a beautiful reader. Thank you so much @mares_nest123 ! Since I can only post one poster here, head over to my Instagram @sultryslxt to see the other two posters she made for me. ilysm babe! Thank you!

Amalia's POV

A stifled groan escaped from my lips as I soon familiarise myself with reality, my body was sore as I shifted in the comforting area but when I opened my eyes, I felt them burning.

"Ah... mierda."

"scusa Bebé, I really didn't mean to be harsh."

I clenched my jaws and shut my eyes as I imagine to wreck the face of that unpleasant voice. The burn was excruciating as I open my eyes once again and sit up, when I did I was met with Thiago who was standing at the foot of the bed.

"Fùck you." I growl under my breath as I stretch out my muscles while simultaneously scrutinising the room I was in. It was elegantly but richly designed but I didn't have time to check properly because of his presence; it was an awful disturbance. Nonetheless, based from my brief inspection, I was convinced that we remained in America. "What the fuck did you do? I'm burning."

"Don't worry, the sensation will wear out in a few hours." He says before he sat down next to me, "You really think I'm going to hurt you Ama? You will be fine."

I glare at him as anger rinsed through my system, I had an urging desire to choke him so badly and then shoot a couple of bullets in his fucking balls but I couldn't do that. I glance away from him and try to calm down as I figured what to do next.

"Where am I? What happened?"

"You are in my safe house, you're safe here with me. We will be returning to Italy very soon, I just have to get one more thing done here." He informed me and suddenly, I didn't like that idea. As I had a slight frown on my face, Thiago reached for my face and caresses it. After a few moments of pushing him away, he finally gripped me, making me glance up at him. "Do you trust me?"

"I don't know." I spat at him, "I don't want to trust you anymore. I don't want to trust anyone of you anymore. You're all liars."

"The only person you should never have trusted was Tony. Ama, that man wants nothing but pain for you, for us."

"I'm not listening to this." I growl as I pull away from, "You have no proof of what you're claiming and so far, you've pissed the fuck out of me by immobilising me, you manipulated me. Do you really think I'm going to believe a single word you say?"

"Ama, I'm sorry. I had to do something because I knew you would never have come along with me." He pleads, "Tony wants to ruin what I have left, he wanted to cause you pain today and you didn't even know it."

"How?"

"He was going to take you to his brothers and torture you. I know their strategy, they lure their victims and then torture them to death. That's why they're very well known; the Lombardi's are known to cause havoc and deaths." He states,

"Why would they want to torture me?" I begin to question because it still didn't make sense, and more to the fact that I was curious.

"Because of your father." He revealed and instantly, my back straightened, "The Lombardi's have a long lasting feud with your father, what better way to get back by striking his daughter?"

Although I wasn't entirely convinced, it began to eventually make sense. My father had feuds with a lot of people so it wasn't a surprise that he got involved with the most notorious mafia family, it was actually interesting. It made me wonder why they were even involved with each other so I return my glance to Thiago and begin to question him further.