Chapter Six

Tony's POV

-Flashback-
(23 years ago)

I curl up against the wall as the muffled screams began from the other side of the wall. I squeeze my eyes shut and hover my hands over my ears as the cries were becoming more unbearable to hear. It felt like my stomach was cut open and then left out for it to rot away, the pain was so intense I couldn't help but whimper to myself.

"Papà, non voglio farlo! Per favore lasciami andare! Voglio mamma! Voglio andare a casa."

I flinched when the girl screamed until her voice had become hoarse. A chill ran up my spine and I shook my head before I buried it between my knees as I curled up even more in the corner, trying to get rid of the screams. My heart was pounding in my throat when a set of heavy foot steps were approaching me. I cower my head and feel my tears running down my face.

I wanted to go home.

"ragazzo, andiamo."

I flinch at the tone of his voice because he sounded very intimidating. My stomach was on fire and I feel my bottom lip quiver with fear.

"D-d..dove...mi s-stai portando?"

"appena alzato!" He growled before he reached for my forearm and grabbed it. When he did, he yanked me up on my feet and then pulled me by my arm. I whimpered as I thought about Madre; she said she was going to return to take me but it has been so many days since I last saw her, I've lost count.

Tears streamed down my face as the tough and aggressive man pulled me towards the huge vehicle, and as I stood in front of it, I thought about how I never felt so frightened in my entire life. I was met with many other children, the same age as me, curled up in every corner of this huge van.

As the man pushed me in, I cried for Madre. I wanted my mom, I wanted my home. Where did it all go? Where was I going?

The last thing I remember from that night was the faces of crying boys and girls before we all just fell asleep until the next morning arrived.

By the next morning, we were at a different location.

Somewhere I never thought I'd never even visit.

I was in America.

***

I gasped out of my sleep and shot my eyes open to find myself in my room, in Thiago's villa. I inhale and exhale out my breath as my heart hammered in my chest, beads of sweat trickled down my naked torso as I search my surroundings; there was nobody here.

But it felt like I was being watched in my sleep.

The sun beamed through the slits of the curtains and I glare at it, the nightmare I had just had left a chill running up my spine. I gulp before I reach for the bottle of water on the bed side table.

"Buongiorno Fratello."

I glance over at the door and find Thiago standing there as he smiled at me. He scrutinises me before concern laced his voice as he further examined me.

"Are you okay Tony?" He stepped in and glanced at the bed, I look down to find a huge stain under me and that's when I realised I was sweating my ass off, to the point where it seemed like I had just had a shower and jumped straight in to bed.

"Ah... yes." I groaned as I stumbled out of bed, "It was a stupid nightmare, nothing to worry about."

I begin to undress as I push down my trouser, leaving me only in my boxer briefs. Thiago watched as he was not entirely convinced before he nodded his head and sighed.