Chapter Forty Nine

Tony's POV

One of the many things I hated in life was obstacles that were difficult to get through, thats why I hated everything I did in school. However, when the obstacle becomes the only way to stop me from grasping on to mere freedom, I want to fùcking murder someone.

Thiago to be exact.

With Amalia stood by my side, Thiago watched us with a glare I have not seen in a whole while. It seemed as though he was burning with anger but more towards the facts that Amalia was alive and standing in front of him. I knew he was expecting her to be dead but what he didn't know was that she wasn't going to die, not under my watch.

"Thiago, you really fucked up haven't you?" I retort and immediately, he turns his attention to me from glaring at Amalia like he was going to kill her, "What did you think would happen gathering the three of us together? Do you want a war?"

"Yes!" Thiago finally bursts as he clenched his fists and growled, "A war that I will kill you in."

"Thiago," I call him out and as soon as I did, he clenched his jaw and trained his menacing glare on me and it seemed like he was going to explode any second now. "stop... just stop. I'm your brother, your younger brother. You're supposed to protect me, not try to kill me. You're my fucking brother!"

"To hell with that!"

"What have I done to make you want to kill me so much?" I ask and in that instant, Thiago threw me a glare and it was clear to me that he was so offended by my question. "Why do you hate me so much?"

"Why do I hate you so much?" He scoffed before he laughed dryly, he clasped his hands together and then claps them together and I knew that he was pissed. "You really want to know? You really want to know what the fuck you've done?" He bellows at me and throughout this ordeal, Amalia and I remain quiet as we watch Thiago's anger spiral out of control. "I want to kill you because you killed my daughter."

Even though I knew his words were coming, I was still shocked by his revelation. I was actually confused because as long as I could remember, I never claimed a child's life, let along Thiago's daughter.

"Thiago, I don't kill children. I didn't kill your child."

"Yes you did!" He yelled before he stormed towards me, the closer he reached us, I could see the pain on his face. "You fucking killed my child and you," he spits as he turns his malicious glare on Amalia and glared at her, "you knew that he killed her and now you're running around the fucking world with him."

"Thiago, this is between you and me. Keep her out of this, she has nothing to do with it."

Thiago breaths heavily before he glares at me, his eyes were bloodshot red and filled with malicious emotions. I knew what he felt in this moment, I sensed that he wanted to cause damage, hurt somebody and it was likely going to be me. I feel panic pool me when he grabbed Amalia and in that instant, I felt more cautious and alarmed than I have ever been in my entire life. Amalia began to put up a fight not long before things began to escalate and soon enough, I reacted the same way as Thiago did.

We both pulled out our guns and threatened each other with it in silence.

"I'm going to shoot her if you do anything stupid fratello." Thiago warned me with a low growl and when he did, he threw me a challenging glare. Amalia clenched her jaw when she grunts under her breath as Thiago shoved her with something he was holding, presumably a gun. Sweat trickled down my face as my gaze follows between the two, my heart raced in my chest as I look at Amalia. She wasn't frightened, she was pissed but I was worried as hell because I knew Thiago was capable of anything harmful at this point. "I know you care too much for her, too much for my liking. How dare you steal my wife?"