Chapter Thirty Nine

Amalia's POV

Slowly but surely, I earn the sense of reality but this time, I actually appreciate it. I begin to sense again, I was aware of the smell of the place, the taste and the noise however, none of it was familiar.

Which begged the question, where am I?

I feel my neck stiff as a rock as I slowly lift it up, I felt dirty when my eyes opened to my scruffy, blood-stained clothes and skin. My trousers were teared apart due to the bulletin that Thiago had gifted me, I was covered in nothing but blood which reminded me of the constant pain that I was feeling just about now. I whimper to myself as I move a little however, as I did I froze once again when I realised that I was bound to a chair, for the nth time.

Immediately, I shot a glance at my surroundings. I was alarmed but wise because I sensed that I was no safe here. I needed to find an escape route no matter what and how.

I begin to feebly struggle out of the chair but to no avail, frustration laced my system and patience lacked. I was bored, I wanted out because this was so tiring.

Lord kill me already.

I shot a glance for the second time to my surroundings once I heard a scuffle and instantly, my heart reached my throat. I discreetly yelped when two silhouettes appeared before me, revealing themselves under the light, and no once did they seem familiar to me.

Both men were huge, twice my size. They both were probably a few years older than me and even if they were not, I couldn't really tell. While I couldn't figure out the man that stood in front of me, the other man had grey piercing eyes that could be spotted from a mile away. His sharp distinctive jawline was the only feature of his that stood out like a sore thumb because it was so sharp. Every time he clenched his jaws, it would flex. His face was clean with barely any stubble of hair, which defined his distinctive features even more. Where as the man that stood in front of me had a lot of small sharp hairs on his face. He had a set of thick, dark and heavy eyebrows positioned above his menacing deep dark eyes. He was impatient as seconds passes by, he did not want to be here. His sharp nose twitched as he glared at me and I couldn't help but feel belittled just by their glares.

But I'm Amalia, that shouldn't affect me.

Both men wore a pair of black slacks and plain black t-shirt and for some reason, I instantly knew that these men don't wear clothes like this. It wasn't in their style. Their attire screamed cold and bloodied killer, like they were ready to do something messy, something as close as killing me and then dispose my dead body.

"It seems as though you earned yourself a very nasty injury on your leg," the man in front of me grunted, his voice was laced with an Italian accent as aggression and angry was present. "would you like to tell me how you sustained it?"

I glance down at my numbed leg and began to clenched my jaws, the pain was so unbearable, I wanted to murder someone.

"If you care so much about my leg, why don't you bring me a fucking doctor?" I spat as I squirm on the chair. Sweat trickled down my forehead as I clenched my jaws to handle the piercing pain.

Silence surrounded us again like as if it was welcomed. I bite my lips and feel my eyes burn before I glance up, only to have the man approach me and as he did, he reached for something from behind his back pocket.

"What are those people called that are hostile to someone?" He asks but I just glare up at him, "An enemy." He answers gracefully and gradually, his face twists into a spiteful glare. "Now why would I help an enemy?"