Chapter Fifty

Song - like I'm gonna lose you by Jasmine Thompson

Tony's POV

"Tony my sweet boy."

Silence surrounded my pants as I gather myself together, I felt Thiago squirm under me as he grabbed onto my thigh but I didn't move, still. I couldn't move. I blink incredulously as my breath had turned shallow, my mind was registering this whole scene and I did give myself a second to think this through, over and over again yet I still couldn't understand this.

Was I dreaming? Did I hit my head?

When Thiago finally had the strength to do so, he pushed me off of him. I stumble back and fall onto the hard concrete floor. My voice was unheard and my words were trapped underneath my tongue, I couldn't fathom this. I needed an explanation because a sudden confrontation like this wasn't enough.

"M..mom..?" I breath out as I stumble upon my feet and watch the woman from a slight distance. My knees were weak, the weakest I've ever felt them to be. I felt ill, I needed something that wasn't this. What the fuck was this?

"I'm here Tony, come to Madre."

The second the woman spoke, my heart was ripped from my chest. That familiar voice filled my ears, penetrating them. They were a constant reminder of why I used to cry myself to sleep every night when she left. Every bit of raging anger I felt towards Thiago had now vanished as it was replaced with shock and emptiness. Nothing mattered at the moment right now because I was figuring out this sudden obstacle that I've encountered, one that I never quite anticipated.

My throat squeezed with so much emotion as well as questions as I approach them both, the woman and Thiago who stood beside her. They both watched me. I step closer and closer and with each step, I remind myself of how the woman that used to tuck me into my bed every night for nine years looked like, and prayed to myself that this woman wouldn't resemble that mother of mine. However, when I reached closer, a choked sob plucked out of me when she stood in front of me.

It was like as if nothing had ever changed yet everything seemed different. She was still so beautiful and young, just like how I remembered in my memory of her. She was tall, pale and my mother in my eyes. Her face was framed with brown curls that ended just below her shoulders. A small smile embraced her lips when I watch her incredulously. That smile etched into my brain ever since the day she left my life and remained with the deepest part of me. Even to this day, at my adulthood, I still reminisce my mother's face, only to put me to sleep on restless nights.

"You... put me..- you left me?" My breath shudders as I point at her, an eerie shiver ran along my spine as I exercise my conflicted gaze between her and Thiago. "You're supposed to be dead."

"My boy," she hums as she attempts to step closer, her feet moved forward and my eyes immediately trained on them for a second. "You always had your Madre with you, just watching you from a distance. I never left."

"I am not your boy!" I roared at her which easily caused her to halt in her steps. Mom flinched when she watched me heave with a sudden raging anger, the one that was brewing inside of me the second I got here. "You lost that the second you left me!" I continued to roar, this time my voice was deep with anger and hurt, my body was heated and my fists were clenched into a ball.

"Tesoro I'm here now. Everything is going to be okay. I'm here and ready for you now."

"What?" I bellow as I throw her an icy glare. Tears brimmed at the edge of my water line, threatening to spill out and my eyebrows bind together in a deep furrow. When I blinked aggressively, they slid down my face. I quickly wipe them away and watch my mom as she tried to get through me with that sympathetic expression. That innocent face that she thought she could use to take advantage of me. "You're ready to be my mother? Right now?"