Chapter Twelve

Amalia's POV

I scroll through my phone as I sit on the breakfast table. I scroll through Thiago's social media to find him enjoying Russia like he should be. I clenched my jaws and glare at the screen before a frown settled on my lips, why was he so complicated?

"Buongiorno."

I felt my stomach drop when I heard his deep voice penetrating my ears. I gulp and glance up to find him sauntering towards the breakfast table. I felt my insides tingle as I shuffle on my seat before I inwardly scowl at him. I've learnt that this man was driving me insane and he wasn't even doing anything.

I shake the thoughts away as I cringe really hard; he was my husband's brother for fucks sakes.

"Good morning zio," I cringe once again, "join me for breakfast?"

"Of course! I would love to." He chirped as he grabbed a french toast and then chomped on it.

I glance up at him and feel myself trembling for a second before I look away, back at my phone and continue to eat my cereal.

"Hey, I really think it's boring for you to just sit around all day on your phone. Why don't we do something today?"

I stare at my phone for a second before I glance back at him. I bite my lips and nod my head before I realise what he had just said. My brows snap into a furrow and I encourage him to speak as I was curious.

"Like what?"

"Like..... shopping!"

Shopping?

"Shopping?" I watch him and he just nods his head with a huge smile, "b-but what about.... what about training? School? Papa?"

"Oh come on Violetta, vivi un po. Your father really doesn't need to know about today, or any other days in the future."

I look up at him and catch his attention, in that moment I made eye contact with him and I was sure something twisted in my stomach. I suddenly felt sweaty when he shot me a wink with a huge smirk. I clench my jaws before I smile up at him and then I nod my head.

Thiago puede chuparme la polla.

"Okay, let's go shopping today."

After breakfast, I decided to get ready for the day. I opted for a black pair of jeans and a cute t-shirt, one the really made me look like a fucking fifteen-year-old. For the past couple of months, I have been going crazy. I had no idea it would be so hard to try and find fits that would be suitable for a fucking teenager. It really made me question my sense of fashion back when I was a fifteen-year-old girl; what did I wear?

When we left for shopping, Tony decided to drive the car there. I sat on one of the back passenger seats while Giuseppe, one of Thiago's men sat at the front.

While Tony was driving the car, my eyes would trail towards him because for some reason, I was fascinated. I had this driving passion of being intrigued because he was something else. Every time I settled my gaze on him, a small twinkle of hope would appear in my mind that he doesn't catch me because it would be very embarrassing. While he was driving, I gaze at his hands that were firmly attached to the wheel as they moved to the gears and I continue to gawk like I had no control. I return my gaze back to the rear view mirror for the nth time, thinking nothing of it only when we made eye contact through the mirror, I froze.

He caught me staring.

My heart dropped for the nth time today; he caught me lacking.