Vol 2 - Chapter 25 [Ominous Looking Mansion]

The next morning.

As promised, Alfred will show us the mansion but, before we can go to our main objective, I was asked to come to the palace first. I asked the girls to wait, some maids show the girls the place to wait for me.

I was wondering what the King wants with me. I never imagined that the ceremony for granting nobility would be held the day after.

Yes, as soon as I arrived at the Throne Room, I was bestowed with a peerage of a baron. Since a noble needs a family name, I have to choose one to complete the ceremony, so, I choose my previous noble's name which is Barenheim.

"Sorry, that name has been taken, you should choose another name"

Taken? So, is there someone who actually took the name after my death? No matter, let's think of another name.

....

........

Kaleidas? No, that was my previous life's master's name. I want something that resembles my past family.

Mother is Saheim and father is Sudaman, so, Adamanheim?

"From today onward, by the name of Faerhan Ais Dormant IX, the King of Dormant Kingdom, I bestow you a peerage of a Baron, your noble's name, Adamanheim, from now on is the name you will carry for the rest of your life"

*[Baron] Title Acquired!

*[Name: Arlan Adamanheim] is now available!

Instead of changing my name directly from the status, instead, adding a new box to change to available names. For now, let's change it right away.

"It seems the ceremony is a success. Although you were bestowed nobility in my kingdom, you don't have any obligation to stay here. Noble is something that people earn themselves, like adventurers, nobles can choose where to go. Of course, there are nobles that pledge their loyalty to a kingdom for the sake of protection and having a place to return and protect to"

"Yes, your highness"

Since the ceremony was held in the morning, not many people came to witness it. At most, there are sis Annie, sir Vian, Yeli, Barhan, the Queen, the Kingdom's Higher Tops, and some knights and servants.

"Spread the news about Sir Adamanheim's new title! Be sure to let all the nobles know about it!"

""Yes, Your Majesty!""

Thus, all maids and butlers bustling about everywhere, following their King's command.

Seeing how busy they are, I decided to proceed with my original plans.

"Your Highness, if there is nothing to discuss anymore, can I go now?"

"Ah, of course, Arlan. Yeli, you can accompany him now. Alfred, you may leave now with Arlan"

We all leave the palace together and bring the girls too. First destination is the abandoned mansion in the east, near East Gate. We ride on a carriage, prepared by the King himself.

"So, what can you tell me about the mansion, sir Alfred?"

"Yes, sir Arlan. This story was from 40 years ago. The mansion was built 50 years ago, at that time, a noble ordered a mansion to be built near the East Gate. Nothing particularly strange about his order nor the place he chose. Although he ordered a mansion to be built, he only bought the plot for the mansion and, the next day, the mansion was built completely overnight"

"Overnight? Through magic?"

"Yes. We thought exactly the same, that he was a great magician or hired a high level magician so we never intruded on his personal connection. He paid the tax properly, doing business legally, and even had a nice family at that time. One day, exactly 40 years ago, a group of merchants that we never heard of, visited his mansion. All of their carriages have been searched thoroughly, nothing strange was found. Soon, those merchants left the mansion and the city, and never came back anymore"