Vol.2 - Extra Chapter 3.1

The next morning, a day after the subjugation, I received a letter from the King about my promotion to become a noble. They allow me to refuse the title but I will accept it. The ceremony will take place next week, so for the next 6 days I will take some rest and prepare for the ceremony.

Today's schedule will be reporting the "Serpentian Quest", take the promotion test to become gold rank, and, if there's enough time, get familiarize with the shadow puppets. At the moment, Sui and Arlbes already get accustomed to their new body while the next [Shadow Puppet], which is Arace, just awake.

Arace, or Arse, is a spider monster. She was a queen before I killed her. A lot of her spiderling had ambushed merchants and travelers on the road thus the request was made to subjugate the spider.

While I'm thinking about what to do with Arse, we've arrived at the adventurer guild.

Misha, Musha, Kelyn, and me, we went to the adventurer's guild together. The four of us will take the promotion test today since we filled the quote already.

"Good morning, Miss Triddle"

"Good Morning, Arlan, and you too girls. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Yes, the serpentian quest, I've finished it. This is the proof of subjugation"

I took out a bag filled with serpentian's tails in it.

"Please check the content"

After Miss Triddle received the bag, she immediately checked the content, counting the number of tails inside it, taking a note, then she gave the bag to another staff for storing in the storeroom.

"You completed another 6-puprple-star brown quests. With this, you're able to rank up from Iron Plate to Gold Plate. Would you like to take a test for the rank up?"

"Yes, I will take the test. Also, I think these girls have finished the quotes for rank up too"

"Of course, I've asked them before but they want to rank up together with you, although..."

There's a slight pause in between her sentences as she looks at one of the girls. I was curious so I traced her stare and she was looking at Kelyn.

"Is something happening?"

So I asked Kelyn straightforwardly. Misha and Musha seem confused too, so perhaps Kelyn has her own idea that she reluctantly shares with us.

"*Inhale.... *Exhale.... Alright!"

Kelyn seems to be a bit nervous.

"Arlan, Misha, Musha!"

"Yes, what is it, Kelyn?"

"Y-yes?"

"What's wrong, big sis Kelyn?"

"I think... I will stop being an adventurer!"

It was surprising, really, surprising news...

Or so what I want to say. Actually, I predicted this the moment Kelyn sought Mother Daria the other day in secret. Training in light magic and everything, I catch a glimpse of the possibility that she might want to quit being an adventurer.

I deduced it this far but, hearing it from herself is actually still a bit surprising.

"Eh!? Why? Are your parents don't allowing you to?"

"What's wrong, big sis Kelyn!?"

"Ah, no, that wasn't the case! I'm actually planning to join the Holy Knight. I talked with Mother Daria before. Sorry for not telling you about this earlier!"