Vol 5 - Chapter 5 [Ice Dragon]

**I just realized, this chapter contains 11k words! My personal record so far!

There was a fierce battle. In a place far from any settlement, roaring beasts reverberated the whole area. The calm swamp turns into chaos in a single roar and is frozen.

At somewhere with a hill, a chunk of it got destroyed, leaving behind holes in the ground. From those holes, green gas was oozing out.

The hot temperature of the desert didn't stop it from being frozen. If someone follows the frozen trail, they will end up exiting the desert. The ice stays frozen for a couple of days.

And, somewhere in an open sea, the prey managed to escape after using all of its leftover strength to throw a huge poison bomb, stopping the hunter from chasing it.

The hunter, with its huge body covered in poison, decided to recover its body from poison. It has memorized the smell of its prey.

The poison seemed to be so potent that it stuck at the hunter's body, slowly scraping off the hunter's scales.

The hunter's identity is a dragon. With its blue scales, the freezing mist was spread. Inside the cave it just dug, the whole cave froze up, creating a perfect harmony with the said dragon.

The freezing temperature increased its recovery rate. The scraped scales soon return to their former state and in their place, the poison is being scraped off of them.

A month was quickly passed by. The dragon, coming out from the cave, looked at the sky and grinned.

'What a perfect day to hunt.' Thought the dragon.

With the winter here, the dragon grins happily. It then looked to the east, where its prey ran to.

Following the scent that still lingers in the air, the dragon chases the prey to the east with its grumbling stomach. It soon catches up with its prey.

A Wyvern with a green pattern all over its body. The Wyvern lie down on a mountain peak, still recovering.

It was a peaceful month for the Wyvern and, believing it had escaped from its predator, it decided to recover on this mountain.

The blood infused with poison is withering the ground. Even right now, the still-open wounds have blood coming out of them, further withering the ground.

When the Wyvern decides to sleep again, it raises its head, sensing something dangerous is closing its distance.

Unfortunately for the Wyvern, it was too late to move away since that presence was above it.

Without giving the Wyvern any chance to react, the dragon dives down, and digs its claws through its abdomen, locking it in its position. It then bites the Wyvern's neck, ending its life.

While the dragon proceeds to eat the Wyvern, it feels some presence at the foot of the mountain. Coating the whole mountain with its [Blizzard], allows the dragon to detect lifeforms who enter its [Blizzard].

Without batting an eyelid at those presences, the dragon enjoys its treat.

'They're gone? Whatever.'

A few hours later, the presence it was detecting was gone.

'Right. This place is close to human settlement. Might as well have a little snack on the way back.' Thought the dragon as it chewed through the Wyvern's bones.

The smell of blood draws the attention of several monsters to the mountain peak. At first, a few harpies landed near the peak, unable to close their distance than that. Then, White Tigers came from the nearby hills to get a chance to steal the corpse. Ice Lions, who came the last, had the worst chance but still came regardless.