Vol 1 - Chapter 19 [Tomb of the Dead 2]

When Arlan and the girls arrived, the tomb's entrance is full of adventurers, wonders what they are doing, he asks them.

"What happened?"

"Ah, you're Arlan right? Well, from yesterday, dozens of adventurers try to conquer this tomb, but none of them return"

"Is this tomb that dangerous?"

"As far as our scout use their detection skill, they only sense weak undead, no particular strong enemies"

"Hmm... may I take a look at the entrance?"

"Eh? S-sure, be careful though"

After thanking the adventurer, Arlan take a look at the entrance. The entrance is just normal stone entrance without any particular engraving or anything. 2 torches could be seen inside it but it lights blue fire.

"This is something familiar. Maybe..."

As he senses the familiarity from the entrance, Arlan starts searching something that he thinks of.

"Ah, found it"

What he found is a magic circle on the ground, right after the entrance. That magic circle is the real entrance.

"This is dangerous. Come on girls, we've to warn the other adventurers"

"What is it, Arlan?"

"That magic circle is random teleportation magic within the tomb. If you go in with a party, you have to hold hand to enter it, otherwise, you might get separated inside the tomb"

"Thats!"

After Arlan explains the magic function, they went to meet the adventurer guild's staff which around the area.

"Excuse me...."

"Hmm? Another adventurer? Please restrain yourself to enter the tomb, at the moment, this tomb being reevaluated since this tomb seems weird"

"About that, I have an important information"

"What is it? Please tell us, anything might useful"

Apparently, the staff trusts Arlan immediately since the staff need quick information for the tomb. After explaining about the entrance, the staff immediately leaves the area and starts to make announcement in the guild and around the entrance.

With that, many adventurers become discourage to enter it since they won't know where they'll end up to.

"Seems like many adventurers become hesitant"

"If it likes that, let us enter then"

"Eh, are you sure?"

Arlan only smile towards him. He gives signal to the spirit to stay inside his magic before they enter the tomb and make sure Musha and Misha grab his hand.

As soon as they enter the tomb, their presences disappear from the entrance. Other adventurers wondering what happen to Arlan's party.

Inside the tomb, it has multiple underground layers, precisely 7 layers. First layer, of course, connected to the entrance. There are multiple entrances to this tomb, but each entrance has magic circle like the one that Arlan saw.

For the teleportation, it has random teleportation chance. Although it's random, but those that enter this tomb will never be teleported to the first layer. They have to find the way out themself.

For Arlan's party, they were teleported to the third layer. In this third layer, they were teleported in the middle of a jungle. It was supposed to be a tomb, then how a jungle could live underneath the ground?

"B-big brother!"

It was the first time Arlan saw Misha panicking and grabbed his hand tightly.

"It's okay Misha, we're fine. But, who is able to create such tomb with jungle in it"

"I never saw it neither. Are we still inside the tomb?"

"Nomy!"

"Yes Master! It seems like we are still inside the tomb. Please have a look, Master"

Nomy, the earth spirit, connects her mind with Arlan. Arlan could see what Nomy discovered. This jungle is the third layer of this tomb, there are 7 layers with different shapes and themes.

"Seventh layer is not visible. It's probably the boss's room"

"Then, what are we going to do?"

"Easy, let's explore and be careful"

"Alright. Misha, how long are you going to hug Arlan?"

"B-but, Misha afraid!"

"Misha, it's fine already. Try to use your senses"

As Arlan suggested, Misha tries use her detection skill. She found multiple bugs but not monster. After she realized it was not as bad as she thought, she regain her calm.

"It's fine, right?"

"Yes, I'm sorry, big brother, Sis Musha"

"It's fine. If you scared, you can hang on to me, okay? But don't panic"

"Yes!"

After make sure Misha is calm, they start to exploring the area. There is dirt path in this jungle area, while the dirt path is quite wide for a small party to use it, the both side of the path is full of thorny bushes and sturdy log blocking the left and right side of the path.

A few minutes walking, they found a small hut. They checked the door and the area from trap and discover no trap. Inside the hut, there's only some utensils and some firewood, there's nothing else they can take so they leave the hut after put the utensils inside Arlan's storage.

"Wait!"

Arlan heard something outside the hut right before they open the door.

"What is it?"

"There's something out there. Misha"

"Nn... 3 monster-like-reptiles as big as a tree"

"Good girl"

After he pats Misha's head he told the spirit to protect the girls without attacking the monster.

He opens the door and 3 centipedes greet him outside the hut. The centipede is as big as a tree, like Misha said.

"Musha, Misha, prepare for battle!"

"Y-yes!"

Seemingly cannot process the sudden event, they surprised with Arlan's command. After confirmed the current event, both Musha and Misha unsheathed their sword and dagger.

"Both of you, fight one of the centipede, I will handle the other two"

"But it's skin is as hard as a metal"

"Use the sword's grip to destroy it and stab it. Aim for the head. The spirit will only protect you but not helping you girls to attack it. Remember, don't get hit!"

Being reminded to not get hit, Musha and Misha approached their opponent. On the other side, Arlan faces 2 centipedes. With his Dragon Eyes, centipede status shows as.

[Undead Giant Centipede (Lv. 40, Monster)]

[HP: 800/800]

[MP: 400/400]

[Specialties: Tough Skin (Physical Resistance, Magic Resistance), 60% Inflict Poison.]

"This is tough; I hope the girls can handle one of them"

*** THE SERIES WILL BE UPDATED EVERY FRIDAY ^_^ ***