Vol.2 - Extra Chapter 3.3

3 days after we got our mansion and my title as a Baron, we came back to the Adventurer's Guild. Inside it, we met with 2 familiar faces and a bunch of other high rank adventurers with them. Their presence is already worth a ruckus and now, there are even more [Inspectors] in the city.

"What happened? Is there a monster break nearby?"

"I've never seen this many famous high rank adventurers in the guild!"

Naturally, the only people wondering about their presence are adventurers. The guild's staff already know today's schedule and the reason they are here.

"Oh? I had a hunch it was you they're talking about but, seeing you actually show up, I'm still surprise"

"No wonder 'He' asked us to wear our strongest equipment"

"What is it, you two? Do you know this young man?"

The first two talkers are Sir Arongald and Miss Grissald, then a man wearing a purple robe with a pointy hat asked them about me. Next to the purple robe man is another robed guy, he wears white robe and a long staff on his right hand.

"I believe he's the examinee"

While adjusting his eyeglass, the white robe guy answers the purple robe guy's question.

"Oi, oi, are you sure he's the one our [Inspector] talking about? He doesn't look strong at all"

"Well, it's the [Inspector] words, we can only trust him"

Then, a guy with a bow on his back questioned me again which was answered by another high rank adventurer who seems like another magic user just like the purple guy. While the archer wears seemingly his best equipment made from high quality leather, his bow and arrow also refined to their fullest form. The magic user next to him seems like an earth magic user.

"Alright, you can stop right there. We weren't paid to judge the examinee. Sorry for their behaviour, Mister Examinee"

The last one to appear is a female adventurer with a huge sword on her back. She wears a full steel armor set, from top to toe. She was talking with the three [Inspectors] in the back before greeting me.

"Everyone, this is Arlan, and it seems like he has been promoted to be a baron. Anyway, his status as a baron doesn't change anything. Today he will take the promotion tests to be a gold plate adventurer. I have briefed it to you all and asked you to wear your best equipment for today's schedule"

The [Inspector] then turns to the other two [Inspectors].

"Mister Oboyle and Madam Signe, he's the one I'm talking about"

"Nn, I approved"

"No mistaking it, he's the real deal"

Hearing the three [Inspectors] giving their affirmation, all the high rank adventurers were surprised with their disbelief expression.

"We will do the test outside the city as we don't have a large enough arena inside the city. We asked several earth magicians to build a temporary arena several days ago. Please everyone kindly follow me"

I was wondering if I should greet them inside the guild or later on the arena, but since the conversation has developed this far, I will just follow the [Inspector's] instruction.

Several minutes later, we arrived in front of the arena. There are quite a lot of people following us and since there is no emergency quest, naturally the people in the city are only curious as to what about to happen with this many adventurers going outside the city gate. As to predicting something like this might happen, the earth magicians prepared spectator benches around the arena.