Vol 2 - Chapter 26 [Unknown Enemy]

"... So that's how it is. Basically, if I can resolve the problem, I can get this mansion for free and on top of that, I still get rewarded, is that right?"

"Correct! Shall we start then?"

"Hold on! What do you mean 'We'?"

"Obviously I will help you"

"I can do it myself, I don't need anyone to disturb my concentration, especially by you!"

"No, no, no. Someone needs to keep an eye on you. You're the most important person here after all"

"Kuh... Fine then"

Miss Vevein nodded proudly as I gave up on her idea. Well, it wasn't that bad since I trust her, moreover...

"Then Master! Let's go!"

She called me Master since I taught her various magic development and shortcut usage in magic. There is that one research where she was stuck at and asked me for help for some reason, when I gave her the answer, she started calling me Master ever since although I tried to stop her.

"What about everyone else? Do you girls want to join in?"

"Eh? We can join in too?"

"Misha wants to!"

"If Arlan doesn't mind me joining in, I want to join too"

"P-princess! Please restrain yourself on joining Arlan! That is too reckless!"

"I will just wait here since I don't have any combat capability, so please be careful, Arlan"

Unlike Misha, Musha lacked confidence to join me but she ended up joining me. Yeli is so eager to join although she tries to act reserved. As expected of Alfred, the loyal Butler for the princess, he tried to stop Yeli but, when she's using her authority, even the overprotective Alfred can't do anything to her. Saya knew her limit and took the initiative to wait outside.

We are preparing to enter the barrier but, before that, I should check the barrier structure. First is its base 'material' as a barrier. The barrier is clearly made of Miasma, a toxic version of a common magic. That in itself is already uncommon, not to mention, the Miasma got thicker by years and never dissipated. Color me surprised, even with an abundance of magic in the air, no one has been able to make a barrier last more than 30 years since the dragonvein moves around periodically once every 25-30 years.

Miasma is also known as an existence of hatred, the feeling of envy, revenge, and all kinds of negative emotion. To actually amplify this barrier with that much of negative emotion for over 40 years now, what has happened here in the past?

"We are ready, Master!"

Now that I understand a bit about this phenomenon, I will try the best solution for now.

I look back to Miss Vevein and the rest, and I nod my head and ask them to gather closer around me.

[Arlbes, as soon as we enter the mansion, cast [Miasma Absorber] from your puppet's specialized magic. I will use the miasma to keep my own barrier later]

[Yes, My Liege]

"I will cast a barrier for all of us right now. Please be at ease and don't exit the barrier"

*[All Purpose Barrier] Activated!

*[Air Manipulation] Activated!

Since we are going inside that thick miasma, I reckon the air inside it is toxic for humans, thus I used the [Air Manipulation]. The air instantly becomes pure and refreshing.