Vol 2 - Chapter 9 [Calm Before the Storm?]

~At the same day, in the morning before the holy knights, adventurers, and Arlan go to the nest of the monster~

The next morning after last night's meeting with the King, I was asked to help with the subjugation. Obviously, I will help; there is no reason to refuse it. So, I told the girls about this subjugation mission.

"I will help!"

"Misha wants to help big brother too!"

Like that, Misha and Musha joined me. I'm a bit worried but I think I can protect them.

Saya gives me a bunch of potions for today's subjugation. After we, me, Musha, and Misha, depart from the store, we go to the city east gate.

"Fafna, Fafni, today is a special day, you guys can come out"

[Finally, you let us to appear in the city]

[Umu, it's been so long to move freely]

"Well, it is special anyway, so I want you guys to help"

I summoned both Fenrir to help for today's subjugation. Several days ago, I registered them as my familiar in the guild. When I showed them to the receptionist, they didn't falter at all since these Fenrir are in their normal wolf form but when they're about to get registered, their real races showed up and the whole guild became noisy.

After several days, people started to get used to these Fenrir, although that was the case, I still feel reluctant to let them accompany me in the city so I only let them out when we're hunting or around the store.

"Wa! Fafna! Fafni! You are always so fluffy and cute!"

Misha immediately hugs them and pats them when I summon both of them. For some strange reason, they become obedient when Misha pats them. Is their real nature a pet?

To not get late, we continue our walk to the gate.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the gate.

The holy knights already gather at the gate. There are a lot of carriages stationed at the gate, probably for our transportation.

Oh, I saw Kelyn with the holy knight group for some reason. Since she looks busy, we will greet her later.

On the other side, some adventurers already gathered here. Miss Lida and the others haven't arrived yet, I guess they're preparing a few more things.

Just as I was about to greet Mother Daria that I saw from afar...

"O-oy!? A-aren't those Fenrir!?"

"Wha!? Why is s-such monster in the city!?"

Ah, that's right. They didn't know about them. I made a mistake.

"E-everyone prepare to fight!!"

Whoa, better stop them now before it becomes troublesome.

"Hold on! These are my co—familiar, so don't worry about it"

I shout a bit to one of the commanders of the holy knight and show them that my companions are not a threat to them.

"Familiar!?"

"Yes. Look here"

I showed them the back of my hand which I prepared for such an occasion. There is a drawing of a familiar contract on it. Of course, it was a fake one since Fafna and Fafni are Ancient Dragon God's familiars. I made it after Ancient Dragon God asked these Fenrirs to accompany me.

As to prove it that the contract is real, I put a bit of magic to make it shine and at the same time the drawing I put on Fafna's and Fafni's forehead shine.