Vol 4 - Chapter 5 [Morning Exercise! (3)]

"Good work, everyone! I'm glad you managed to make some improvisation within your strategy. Looking at your state, I don't think you can continue with the next wave. We will continue it tomorrow. Oh, by the way, you can take everything from the monsters you killed today"

"!! Thanks, Arlan! We also thought the same. Our equipment won't last if it continues"

"Hah... Thank you, Arlan. We never thought of improving our strategy"

Baturan and Yytron have naturally responded to me instead of the others.

"Well, you will probably naturally improve your own strategy with experience, I just accelerated it a bit. Anyway, you guys can take this time to rest or dismantle the monsters while watching the girls training"

"The girls... Do you mean those three?"

"Are they going to do the same thing as us?"

"Yes, those three. Similar but not quite. That's right, I need to ask a favor from all of you. If you can, please don't tell anyone what I'm about to show you. I guess it's fine if it slipped from your tongue"

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Well, you'll see. Rise up!"

""!!""

Just like how the Fenrir shows up, the rest of my familiars rise from my shadow, except Arlbes who is with the girls.

Sui, the slime that already exceeding the 30000 slimes in her body; Arse, the spider queen; Nurpy, the queen harpy, with her beautiful feather after reaching level 50; Muski, the shark, shows up while covered in water and also floating; and Serren, the serpentian, shows up gallantly with a spear on her hand.

While showing each of them, I introduce them to the Baturan and Yytron's parties. They were surprised, in awe, while looking at each of my familiars and back at me. They had quite a peculiar way of showing their surprise.

"These are my familiars. Each of them are much stronger than the ogres you fought earlier. Of course, it wasn't just them. You probably saw him before we started your training, right? He is also my familiar. He was an arc vampire"

"Arc vampire? What is that?"

"Leader... Arc vampire is recorded to be the strongest among other vampires. They can transform into devil-like creatures and can still roam free during the day. You should learn about things like this as an adventurer, you know?"

Baturan was clueless about the existence of an arc vampire but Vurtur immediately reprimands him about it and explains it.

"Ah... Eh? Then, Arlan easily turned it into a familiar?"

"That's right! Is that even possible!? How'd you do it, Arlan!?"

"Hmm... Well, there is this incident at Dormant Kingdom about the kidnapping of the second prince, right? It was at that time"

"Of course we heard. We weren't able to join the subjugation since we were in a dungeon but, how'd you turn it into familiar?"

"We were also out hunting for 3 days straight at that time"

After Baturan's late realization, Grisel joined in the conversation with her excited look on her face, learning about me turned the arc vampire into familiar.

I wasn't sure myself if the magic would work on an intelligent being like a vampire but, since I know the magic structure of [Shadow Puppet], I ended up trying it on him and it worked like a charm.I mean, literally like a charm.

"You are Grisel, right? Are you interested in taming in general?"

"Eh? I mean, yes! But, can I learn taming?"