Vol 2 - Chapter 12 [Subjugation Quest 1]

"[Heal]! Don't stray too far from formation! Immediately cover the blank spot!"

"Covering fire over here please!"

"Coming!"

All kinds of shouting could be heard from the knight's side. Mother Daria watches over the battlefield while casting her healing magic. She's able to use instant chants.

After the successful bombardment and signal from mages, I immediately checked on the rescue squad's situation. Thankfully I'm still able to release some magic to help them from time to time.

The enemy also responded to our surprise attack pretty fast. As soon as the bombardment ended, wave after wave of monsters swarming the battlefield.

Since we positioned ourselves so we wouldn't get flank, the enemy could only attack us from the front.

Regarding formation, the knight is still much better than the adventurer. Even an amateur would know just seeing it once.

While the knights fought orderly, the adventurers charged to the front, even the archer or the ranger sometimes misplaced themselves and almost got killed if Misha and Musha were not around.

Misha and Musha are inseparable. Both of them always move strategically and cautiously between the adventurer's ranks. A bow user was able to live another day because Misha skillfully parried a swung-down axe from one of the orcs.

Musha on the other hand clears the area around them and makes sure they don't get surrounded. Naturally, I also watched them from afar.

Kelyn doesn't seem to be in any trouble since she's still healing the knights. Though she looks frightened and often misses her spell, since her mana pool, or magic point, is quite large from leveling up during our questing she's able to continue healing the others.

Some goblins and orcs are approaching me while I'm watching around. Without unsheathing my sword, I fight them with my bare hand. I grab 2 of the nearest goblins and smash their head, next, I step forward, close into the orc, lift him, and throw it to the 2 goblins on the ground after I smashed them before.

Goblins died but not the orc since throwing it won't kill it so I cast a magic [Fire Bird], the very first magic I acquired from Saya. The bird easily went through the head of the orc and disappeared without an explosion.

Seemingly surprised when its kin was easily crushed, the last orc was about to find another target when I shot the same magic and went through its skull while its head turned to the side, leaving a bird-sized hole at the side of its head.

I continue forward while making sure of the gargoyles' location.

After killing a few more goblins and orcs, the gargoyles finally got nearer.

[Anyone want to have an action in the air?]

I asked the spirits.

[I can do it if those were just gargoyles]

[Dya can protect the ground if Sally attacks]

[Nomy with Dya]

[Then I will help Dya and Nomy on the ground while keeping the temperature balance when Sally attacks those gargoyles]

[T-then me too! I will attack those gargoyles!]

[I will stay here, in case those succubus make a move~]

One after another respectively answered Sally, Dya, Nomy, Snowy, Lily, and Sukki about my offer.

[Then do that, here [Mana Link], so you can use magic even after you girls used up your magic. Well, be careful to not drain me out, okay?]