Vol 2 - Chapter 7 [Unsightly Scenery]

"Who's there?!"

"Ah, it's me, Arlan. Hi Kiara"

"What are you doing here? I thought you were questing"

"I finished it. By the way, are you scouting the nest too?"

"Yeah, we just arrived- wait, too? So you are scouting too?"

"Since I don't have anything to do, so why not? I agree to tag along with the subjugation after all"

"I don't know if you're ambitious or just reckless, sigh..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you don't have any scout ability, right? It was a given that you haven't been found by a monster. Now that I think about it, how did you sneak up behind us without me noticing?"

"Maybe you are being careless?"

Of course, you won't find me out. I'm experienced in reconnaissance in my past life after all. Ah, and I also use [Hide Presence] magic, which is above level 500 that is. So, no wonder you won't notice me.

But I can't tell her that since I hide my real status. And I got the [Loner Shadow] title back then. I will be grateful for the title if it wasn't for that 'loner' word.

"There is no way I'm being careless, well, whatever, let's continue. What do you think about the nest?"

Is she baiting me to reveal my skill in scouting? Let's pretend.

"Hmm, there are a lot of monsters"

"Hah?!"

'Duh! It's obvious there are a lot of monsters!' is the way she looks at me with that question.

"Am I wrong?"

"Ugh... Never mind, I was at fault here. Anyway, from the moment I arrived, there was not much movement from the monster. Look over there, near the gate of that ruined building, they somehow put some monsters there as guard"

I look at the place where she points at. Just like she said, there are couples of monsters guarding that building. Not just that building, several ruined buildings also guarded heavily.

"You're right. What is that place, I wonder?"

"This is why you need experience in scouting. That place probably the ruler of these monster or worst, where they keep the hostages"

Damn, she's the real scout. But if just that vague guesses it won't be enough.

"Vague guesses really are not enough. We will try to get closer to look"

Oh! She thought the same thing as me.

Well then, I will support them secretly and pretend to stay silent here. I will try to erase the presence of my bird for now and help scouting.

"Should I come too?"

"Seriously? Please just stay here and wait for us, no, why don't you go back to the city and wait for our news there?"

She really doesn't know me. Oh well, there is no point in hiding my status if she knew it. I guess I will just say yes for now.

"Ah, alright. Please be careful"

"Sure"

And there they go, disappear in the middle of the woods to do some scouting. Let's create a small golem for now to follow them. By using [Golem Doll] magic and use the dirt as the substitute, I manage to create 3 dirt golems. Although it's as small as a finger, it runs fast enough to catch up to Kiara's group.