Vol 2 - Chapter 16 [Subjugation Quest 5]

But what is actually happening? Hmm? !!

Thinking about the sudden increase in strength, the priest was stopped from her thought by a sudden appearance of a shadow that emerged from her shadow.

"Ah, it seems bad, since the phantom reapers are emerging. Is someone getting killed, Mother Daria?"

A girl saw that a shadow, known as [Shadow Reaper], starts emerging from the shadow of that priest, called Mother Daria, and takes a stance to rush forward.

Not just under her shadow, she saw that on the adventurer's side, the same shadow also appeared here and there. Their total number were 5 phantom reapers.

"Oooh!"

"What is this? It isn't hostile to us?"

"Arlan, wasn't it?"

A small cat-kin girl astonished after saw a shadow appearing under her feet. A female adventurer clad in dazzling armor appraises the shadow and after deems it as an ally, she ignores it. The last one was coming from the knight's side, wearing a brown robe, having a staff on her right hand, she's guessing that the shadow was the magic from one of her friend's.

Sensing the casualties, those shadows, known as Phantom Reaper born from [Shadow Reaper] magic, went forward without a care in the world.

They look like a brave hero in a tale, swinging their giant scythes instead of a sword, and killing the enemy one after another in a pace that none of the humans around can match.

As a signal, 2 cat-kin girls, and a healer from the knight grasp the situation far better than anyone in the surrounding, even quicker than Mother Daria and the female clad in dazzling armor, the leader of the knight and adventurer.

The cat-kin girls run around and grab the dead body of their comrade and line them up on the ground.

Afterward, the three of them move toward the middle and instantly make a group just the three of them.

Everyone else was dumbfounded, but ignoring them, those three girls seem to know what they are doing.

"[Donor] . [Gather] . [Sacrifice]"

[Donor], [Gather], and [Sacrifice] is a series of magic that cannot be separated at all cost. These magic can only be used as one, not separately. The [Donor] was stated to keep the unwanted souls such as the monster's soul, to stay around the vicinity. [Gather] is to gather the unwanted souls earlier in one place, in this case, in the dead body. When the last spell chanted by the magic user, [Sacrifice], the unwanted souls will be devoured and turned into energy to strengthen the targeted soul in resurrection.

The girl from the knight started chanting her magic one after another.

""We pray for the soul, come back, stay on your original body, oh poor soul, live strongly, [Resurrect]!""

Radiant light appears in the sky and shines on all 11 human bodies that just died. No one knows what happened but what they saw was like a ritual, calling the dead and resurrecting them.

"Mother Daria! The healing potion from Arlan!"

"Ah, eh, Kelyn? Y-yes! Here!"

Kelyn, the girl from the knight that grouped up with those 2 cat-kin girls earlier, shouts at Mother Daria in a hurry.

As soon as she gives the potion, she splashes the first bottle to 3 of the dead people earlier, and their wounded body, missing limb, and all kinds of wounds are restored in an instant. She repeats her action 3 more times.

Then, she starts chanting new magic.

"Return to your restored body, oh poor soul! [Resurrect]!"

The way she ran through the process was really smooth, almost like she's been doing this her whole life.

And, the moment she finished reciting her magic, faint transparent-magical-beings enter the dead body one after another.

The dead bodies that were lined up in the middle of the formation are starting to move.

Seeing that, Mother Daria and the girl in dazzling armor woke up from their dream.

"Bring them back to the rear! Nurse them right away!"

"You heard her, help your fellow comrades right now! They've been through a painful death, don't let them suffer again! And bring that priest girl to the back too! She seems unconscious!"

After they were reminded by their respective leader, all of them started to move again. Some of them cried in relief seeing the dead body started to move again, like they were in the dream earlier.

Kelyn passed out after expending her magic for the ritual.

It was a ceremony for resurrection, a ceremony that can only be done for those that died within 5 minutes, assuming that their soul was not broken while drifting around in the air.

The three girls, the cat-kin girls and Kelyn, why they knew of such a ceremony, it was because they've been in the same predicament.

They experienced it a few weeks ago. Of course, at first it was their friend that did it first, but seeing how useful and beautiful the ceremony was, apart from the death, they want to learn it.

It wasn't a pretty experience when they practiced it and even worse when they were actually doing it with dead humans at that time.

It was the same situation with the same pattern of events.

Now, they succeed in resurrecting 11 people by themselves.

They've always hated when someone died in front of their eyes and cannot do anything to help, so that bitter experience will become their strength in helping those in need.

"Thank you!"

"We are truly grateful!"

Those that cried in relief naturally thanking the girls that just saved their friends. The cat-kin girls can only smile in exhaustion while the priest, Kelyn, sleeps soundly with a smile and a small tear on her cheeks.

In their mind,

We don't want to see that painful face of his anymore.

And finally, they take some rest.

"Uooo! I will definitely repay these girls later in the city! You guys, let's kill those fucking monsters!"

"Yeah! They dare to kill some of us! It was thanks to these girls that they revived!"

"Charge!!!"

Seeing the adventurers and knights shouting in high spirit, Mother Daria and the adventurer's leader, although no one ever called her name, she's called as Lida, they started the chain of command and regained their morals.

"Pay attention to the enemy's strength! Don't carelessly charge at them or even block their attack!"

"We will change the composition of each group right now! 2 vanguard, a healer, 3 magicians! Don't receive more than 1 attack! Block with the shield of yours properly! Healer always casts your buff and heals appropriately! Magician, let your magic run amok in the enemy's rank!"

Receiving their order, every single soul in the knights and adventurers rank, they all nodded and yelled in agreement.

Just as the Phantom Reaper finished their objective of buying time and collecting sacrifices for the resurrection earlier, they all disappeared. No one was dumbfounded or confused why they were gone since every single one of them currently in their highest moral and spirit.

They advance steadily and orderly, both sides working together with the same purpose ahead of them. Subjugating monsters in front of them!

Now, the battlefields were divided into 3 areas: Arlan vs Arc Vampire, Fenrir vs 2 Lord Vampire, and the fight between the knights, adventurers, and 6 high level spirits vs 1000 monsters, 3 monster rulers, and 7 succubus.

*** THE SERIES WILL BE UPDATED EVERY FRIDAY ^_^ ***