Vol 2 - Chapter 13 [Subjugation Quest 2]

Just as when Sukki performed her magic, the enemy also finished their preparation. First is, the Succubus charms their own monsters, increasing their bond and strength. The monsters that pass through them are coated with purple pinkish aura.

To prove it, the first 300 monsters are practically easy to deal with while as soon as the buffed monsters join in, the fight gets harder.

Shield users from the knight can block 2 orcs at once but when the buffed one joins in, an attack is barely blocked and throws away the knight. Well, since the monster's previous attack is weak, the knight let down their guard a bit and soon recovered.

That far is still manageable for them, the troublesome part is when the monsters are actually working together unlike before when they just attack when it's convenient for them. A swing is already strong enough to be on par with the knight but with more than one, in unison on top of that power, another swing comes immediately from a different angle and lands a hit on the knight. He got hit on the rib.

"Bestow me a power, oh dear God, light magic [Heal]!"

Kelyn cast healing magic as soon as that knight got hit. I thought I already taught her shortening chants before, well she's probably calmer when using long chants.

"Thank you, miss Kelyn!"

The knight thanks Kelyn and gets back on his feet to continue his role.

"Big sis Kelyn is amazing! She healed that big person with a shield instantly!"

Right... I did teach her about healing magic, she's getting better.

"Mish-!"

*CLANK

Just as Musha is about to remind Misha that there was a monster targeting her, Misha does a quick turn and blocks the attack with her short sword. Well, if she's late just a second later, my magic will block that iron club.

After she blocked the attack, she kicked the club away from her and jumped toward an orc that was practically 3 times bigger than her. She aims at the throat and the monster dies as soon as she finishes her movement.

"So close! Thank you sis Musha!"

"Please don't avert your attention from the battlefield!"

"Yes, Misha will never do that again!"

She's not even gloomy after getting scolded by her sister. Well, she's cute, so I will overlook it this time.

Anyway, those succubus just stand, no, levitating over there without casting any spell other than charm. What are they waiting for?

Oh? Two figures appeared from the ground near those succubus.

"What are you doing watching the fight like that!? Throw your magic over there, you idiots!"

"Y-yes, sir!"

Ah! They started chanting some advanced magic.

"Sis Lida, Mother Daria, the succubus starts chanting their magic! Use a magic barrier!"

I have to inform them just in case. I think Mother Daria already noticed it since she was already commanding the knight meanwhile sis Lida still unaware of the enemy's movement. The robe guy already started chanting though, just like I thought, he's quite good, and his awareness is also pretty good.

"Misha, Musha, stand behind me!"

Vanguard of the knight retreated back and stood side to side with their mage subordinates, the adventurers started to group up with any magician near them, a really unorganized movement.